Hotel at a Glance: Palm Canyon Resort
At the heart of Palm Canyon Resort, there's a 1.5-acre swimming pool festooned with water slides, waterfalls, and dramatic rock formations. Venture into the caverns and you’ll find cozy grottoes and a bubbling whirlpool spa. Families travel here year-round to soak up the desert sun and enjoy views of the surrounding mountains. Inside, the fun continues with a sports court.
- Living large: Spacious, condo-style villas feature kitchenettes, dining areas, and furnished patios.
- Distance to downtown Palm Springs: 3 miles
- Pamper yourself: Get a massage, facial, or tropical-mango body scrub at The Canyon Spa.
- Tee off: The area is home to more than 100 public, semiprivate, and private golf courses, many with views of the mountains.
- Shop ‘til you drop: Called the Rodeo Drive of the Desert, the El Paseo shopping district is full of designer clothing stores, art galleries, and jewelry boutiques.
- Recommended hiking trail: The Art Smith trail takes you past exotic plants and palm oases with spectacular views of the valley. Keep your eyes peeled here for bighorn sheep.
Palm Springs, California: SoCal Resort Town with Midcentury Charm
A little more than 100 miles east of Los Angeles lies Palm Springs, an oasis of outdoor recreation and old Hollywood glamour. The desert town was once the stomping ground of Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, and the Rat Pack and still attracts A-list vacationers. A stroll through the Movie Colony—which had its heyday between the 1930s and 1960s—will take you past the former homes of Dean Martin, Bob Hope, and Marilyn Monroe.
Palm Springs is also the birthplace of desert modernism, a Bauhaus-influenced architecture movement. You can explore the area's famed midcentury-modern landmarks on a self-guided tour; grab a map at the Palm Springs Official Visitors Center, itself housed within an iconic building—the retro-futuristic Tramway Gas Station designed by Albert Frey. Furniture and clothing boutiques along Palm Canyon Drive, the main drag, embrace Palm Springs' trademark aesthetic—what you might call Mad Men West. Nearby, the small but impressively curated Palm Springs Art Museum features works by Pablo Picasso and Robert Rauschenberg along with significant contemporary and Native American collections.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.