Hotel at a Glance: Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Clearwater Beach is right across the street from this family-friendly hotel, which sits next to Clearwater Marina. Naturally, it's a popular place to lounge around in the sun, but if you're looking to get out, you're also close to downtown Clearwater and Clearwater Marina Aquarium.
- Complimentary breakfast is served daily in a dining room decorated with murals of the sea
- Rooftop bar: See views of Clearwater Beach from 10 stories high
- Heated outdoor pool with views of the Clearwater marina
- Fitness center featuring treadmills and elliptical machines
- Gulf front rooms feature flat-screen TVs and free WiFi
Clearwater Beach, Florida: Pristine Beaches along the Gulf of Mexico
Readers of USA TODAY praised Clearwater Beach as having one of the best places to watch a sunset in the country. The city is situated right on an island in the Gulf of Mexico, and on the beach you can play volleyball and watch jetskis fly by before the sun disappears into the horizon. When that time comes, the beach comes alive with a celebration featuring music and live art each night.
Off the beach, you can see marine life up close at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. If that's not enough, throughout Clearwater, you can see brightly painted dolphin sculptures along the Dolphin Trail.