Downtown Ramada Hotel Less than a Mile from Gateway Arch
Located less than a mile from the iconic Gateway Arch and just a few blocks from Busch Stadium—home of the St. Louis Cardinals—the Ramada Plaza Hotel St. Louis is about as centrally located as it gets. In fact, many of the city's best attractions are within easy reach, whether you plan to ride to the top of the Arch or take the kids to explore the City Museum, a surrealist indoor playground.
After a day in the city, you‘ll return to a spacious guest room, which surround an inner courtyard with an indoor heated pool. You can check your email with the hotel's complimentary WiFi, keep up your workout routine at the onsite fitness center, or grab some grub at the onsite 9th Street Restaurant & Lounge, which serves American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Highlights of St. Louis
- The Gateway Arch At 630 feet, it's the U.S.'s tallest manmade monument, and it dwarfs the other buildings of the St. Louis skyline. Less obvious is the fact that the Arch is exactly as tall as it is wide, stretching out along the banks of the Mississippi River.
- When to see the Arch: If you're heading to the top of the Arch, make sure you get there before 10 a.m.; after that, the lines start to get long, and tickets sometimes sell out in the afternoon.
- Family friendly attraction: The Saint Louis Zoo, which corrals hundreds of species in several different habitats; it's frequently cited as one of the country's best zoos, and entrance is free.
- What to see in Forest Park: At high noon, sunbeams create a natural light show on the Jewel Box, a 1936 art-deco greenhouse in the park's southeast quadrant. To the north, there's the Boathouse, where you can rent a pedal-powered boat to explore Post-Dispatch Lake.
- See the clydesdales: Brewing giant Anheuser-Busch began producing here in 1852. On a tour through the red-brick brewery, you can sample beers and visit the stables where the company keeps its iconic clydesdale horses.