Top Reasons to Stay at Ramada Plaza Louisville
- It’s close to shopping malls and restaurants, and downtown Louisville is less than a 15-minute drive away.
- Louisville is famous for its Kentucky Derby racetrack, Churchill Downs, which is 15 miles away from the hotel.
- It’s located just off I-64.
- There's an restaurant onsite serving pizza, pasta, salads, and sandwiches. A coffee shop for morning lattes and a bar are also on the property.
- The hotel has a free airport shuttle.
- The bedroom areas were completely renovated in 2011.
- Kids will love the arcade and game room.
Louisville, Kentucky: Southern City with Legendary Sports Attractions on the Banks of the Ohio River
Sometimes referred to as the northernmost southern city, Louisville is located along the Indiana-Kentucky border on the banks of the Ohio River. Each year on the first Saturday in May, throngs of well-dressed folks descend on the city’s Churchill Downs to watch the “most exciting two minutes in sports”—the Kentucky Derby. Though the horserace and the events surrounding it last only a few days, the track hosts other races from April to November and operates a museum full of artifacts and hands-on exhibits you can see seven days a week.
Another Louisville mainstay is the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, which offers a 30-minute guided tour of its famed baseball-bat-making operation. The 120-foot-tall Louisville Slugger stationed out front is billed as the largest bat in the world. In the museum, you can participate in interactive exhibits that take you inside the manufacturing process and even let you test out the latest line of bats inside Bud’s batting cage. After the tour, each visitor receives a miniature souvenir bat for swatting away autograph-seeking fans.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.