Top Reasons to Stay at Red Caboose Motel
- Guest rooms are housed in 40 separate train cars. The innkeepers hold the Guinness World Record for the most singly owned cabooses.
- Each car has been restored and repainted to represent the railroad it once traveled on.
- The family-friendly property is set on 10 acres of Pennsylvania countryside, close to Amish farms and the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. From here it’s easy to make day trips to Gettysburg and Hersheypark.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served in the bright-red coach car. In the refurbished boxcar kitchen, cooks use fresh, local ingredients to craft old-fashioned comfort food.
- Kid-friendly offerings on site include buggy rides and a petting zoo.
- In the gift shop, you’ll find train memorabilia, Amish crafts, and candy from all over Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania: Rural Farming Region with Large Amish Community and Rich Colonial History
Lancaster is located about 60 miles west of Philadelphia in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. It's an idyllic landscape of rolling farmland dotted with grazing cows, covered bridges, and horse-drawn carriages. The country’s largest population of Old Order Amish families makes its home here. For a glimpse into their fascinating culture, head to Lancaster Central Market, the oldest continuously operating farmers' market in the U.S. Here, vendors in traditional dress sell freshly ground horseradish, smoked sweet bologna, and other goods all year round.
At the nearby Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum, you can tour more than 15 historical buildings, including a farmstead and a country store, and watch costumed guides demonstrate pottery making and tinsmithing. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, meanwhile, commemorates the region's rich locomotive history, allowing visitors a chance to operate the controls of a freight train and learn how steam engines work.
What You Get
- Stay for two adults and four kids in a family caboose
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable
- Taxes: 11% tax added at purchase
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72hr cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- 11% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One double bed and four twin bunks
- Standard occupancy: 2 adults and 4 kids
- Maximum occupancy: 2 adults and 4 kids
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Checkout: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 42 miles from Harrisburg International Airport (MDT); 55 miles from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- By car: about 48 miles southeast of Harrisburg; about 62 miles west of Philadelphia; about 148 miles southwest of New York