Hotel at a Glance: Red Lion Portland - Convention Center
A block from the Willamette River and across the street from the Oregon Convention Center, Red Lion Portland - Convention Center puts its guests in the center of the Rose City. Getting around is easy, too—the hotel is steps from a MAX light-rail stop. Enhancing your visit, this Getaway includes optional dinner and parking credits.
- Dinner with a view: Windows Skyroom & Lounge provides a great vista of downtown, plus a seasonal terrace.
- In-room amenities: Each guest room features a 37-inch flat-screen TV, a refrigerator, and free WiFi. Premium king rooms also offer views of downtown.
- Blaze a trail: The Rose Quarter, home to the NBA's Trail Blazers, is within walking distance.
- Food and fashion: The nearby Lloyd Center mall has 35 restaurants and more than 130 stores that offer tax-free shopping.
Highlights of Portland, Oregon
- “Keep Portland Weird” is the slogan adopted by locals in this quirky riverfront city known for its parks.
- Laid-back atmosphere: Strict urban-growth boundaries left plenty of room for parks and other green spaces. In new developments, shops are built at street level with apartments above them.
- Pedestrian-friendly downtown: Streets are narrow and blocks are compact to encourage walking. You can also get around on a vintage trolley.
- Pioneer Courthouse Square—often referred to as “Portland’s living room”—is a popular hangout that hosts free shows and festivals in warmer months.
- Governor Tom McCall Waterfront Park was named 1 of 10 Great Public Spaces in America in 2012 by the American Planning Association.
- The Pearl District, formerly a warehouse area, has sprouted a bevy of art galleries and specialty shops housed in lofts. It’s also one of the best bets for a good night out.
- Bottoms up: Portland boasts one of the largest collections of microbreweries in the country.