Hotel at a Glance: Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza
You'll find both convenience and elegance at this AAA Four Diamond hotel in downtown Mobile. It has onsite dining options as well as a skywalk that leads directly to the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center. You can lounge in the posh lobby, relax in the spa, or rest up after exploring the Gulf Coast beaches located just 35 miles away.
- Notable neighbor: The hotel is attached to the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center.
- Two onsite restaurants: Hit up the Harbor Room for seafood or Fathoms Lounge for small plates, creative cocktails, and live entertainment.
- Spacious rooms with city or river views, as well as marble countertops, Aveda products, and a mini fridge
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool and whirlpool.
- Downtown location within walking distance of restaurants, coffee shops, and stores
Mobile, Alabama: Gulf Coast Cultural Center with Historic Homes and Famous Battleship
Once the capital of French Louisiana, the Gulf Coast city of Mobile passed through the hands of three nations—France, England, and Spain—before the U.S. laid claim to it in 1813. Because of its diverse heritage and bustling seaport, Mobile has earned a reputation as one of the Gulf Coast's most important cultural centers.
The city boasts several museums, including the acclaimed Mobile Museum of Art, along with professional opera and ballet companies. Nine major historic districts showcase antebellum architectural styles in homes, churches, and cemeteries. For a taste of more recent history, head to the USS Alabama battleship, where you can explore the decks and board a WWII submarine.
64 South Water Street
Mobile, AL 36602