Hotel At a Glance: River Palms Hotel & Casino
The casino inside the River Palms Hotel is one of the biggest in Laughlin, with a variety of table games, slots, and video poker machines to choose from. There’s also an expansive bingo room onsite that seats 300 and holds special promotions throughout the year.
- A room with a view: River-view rooms have windows looking out at the Colorado River, which flows right past the hotel.
- Onsite dining: The hotel has plenty of dining options, including Denny’s, an all-you-can-eat buffet, a steakhouse, and 24-hour access to an expresso machine.
- Best place to people watch: the Chemetal-topped bar inside Elite Island Premium Slot Lounge, which looks out onto the Colorado River and houses a variety of bar-top poker and keno games
- Play outside: Head to Big Bend State Recreation Area to picnic in a shaded ramada (some have tables and barbecue grills), kayak on the Colorado River, or hike across undeveloped canyons.
- Shop ‘til you drop: The Laughlin Outlet Center has more than 50 retail and outlet stores, including Bath & Body Works and Quiksilver.
Laughlin, Nevada: Sunny Gaming Destination near the Hoover Dam
Laughlin is about 100 miles south of Las Vegas, Nevada’s epicenter for casinos, but Laughlin is a gaming destination in its own right—it’s the third largest in the state. It has nine casinos; in addition to the traditional slots and poker tables, bingo is big here. You can find regular bingo games at River Palms Casino.
Laughlin averages 300 sunny days a year—a fine climate for exploring the many natural and manmade wonders in the vicinity. Hit up Big Bend State Recreation Area, where you can hike and picnic along the Colorado River. You can cruise down the river on a paddlewheel steamship, or rent a boat from one of the nearby rental companies to command on your own.
About 80 miles north in Boulder City is the famous Hoover Dam. The highest dam in the United States, it regularly sends water tumbling 70 stories into the Black Canyon of the Colorado River. Though the its size alone is captivating, keep an eye out for the structure’s elegant art-deco designs, as seen in the adjacent towers rising up from the water.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.