Hotel at a Glance: Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando/Kissimmee
The Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando/Kissimmee is about as convenient for a family vacation as you can get. This spacious hotel is steps from the amusement park at Old Town & Fun Spot Park and just four miles from the Walt Disney World® Resort and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Onsite kid-friendly amenities include outdoor recreation spots and a giant pool, which help children burn off steam. With its location in a bustling part of Kissimmee, the hotel puts you within walking distance of more than 40 shops and restaurants.
- Comfy accommodations: Guest rooms come with flat-screen TVs and complimentary high-speed WiFi. Choose the executive suite for extra room.
- Across the street from Old Town & Fun Spot Park, a family amusement park with roller coasters, bumper cars, kiddie rides, and more.
- Signature dishes: Snow crab legs and jambalaya are on the menu at the onsite Little New Orleans Kitchen & Oyster Bar.
- Dive into the large outdoor pool, or work up a sweat in the fitness center
- Get tickets for the theme parks at the Authorized Disney & Discount Attraction desk in the lobby
- Turn kids loose on the onsite playground and game room.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort, it spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted 18th-century mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando's vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Orlando Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, with a collection featuring pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the Science Center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.