Hotel at a Glance: San Antonio Marriott Northwest
San Antonio Marriott Northwest and its spacious guest rooms are a few miles north of the city center, but still within easy reach of San Antonio's main attractions. The river walk, Alamo, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas are all within a 15-minute drive. The airport is nearby, too, and the hotel runs a free shuttle to and from the terminals.
- In-room add-ons: pillow-top mattresses, Bath & Body Works products, and room service from two restaurants
- Enjoy southwestern specialties at Red Rim Bistro; the onsite lounge, River City Cantina, serves up classic cocktails and bar snacks
- Soak up some rays at the outdoor pool, which is regularly cleaned for sea monsters
- Best place to people watch: the atrium lobby, which features marble and brass accents and an indoor fountain
San Antonio, Texas: Historic Missions near Picturesque River Walk
In the late 1920s, architect Robert H. H. Hugman designed an urban park around the San Antonio River—a space he envisioned as an American version of Venice, where people could shop and dine along the waterfront. Completed in 1941, the 2.5-mile river walk still serves as a vital artery in the heart of San Antonio as it wends its way past cafés, hotels, bars, and shops.
Located one story below street level, the waterway is flanked on either side by stone pathways, quiet waterfalls, and towering cypress trees. The winding river-walk path reveals little surprises along the way, such as picturesque restaurants, public art installations, and cardboard cutouts of Davy Crockett. A new extension connects the river walk to the four-story San Antonio Museum of Art, where you'll find more than 25,000 sculptures and paintings that range from Roman antiquities to contemporary art.
Also neighboring the river walk is the Alamo. Thanks to the 1836 battle that made it a symbol of Texas independence, the Alamo has become the most visited tourist site in the state. It's actually one of five historic Spanish missions clustered around the San Antonio River. The largest, Mission San José, lies just 5 miles south of downtown. Its famed rose window is once again on display following an extensive renovation.
What You Get
- Stay for up to four in a king room or two-double room
- Dates into February
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 16.75% tax added at purchase
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 16.75% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
King or Two-Double Room
- One king bed or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $20 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 5 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- By shuttle: free hotel shuttle to and from SAT