Top Reasons to Stay at San Clemente Inn
- Located along the Pacific coast, San Clemente Inn is less than a mile from picturesque, sandy beaches and Calafia Park.
- Chefs at the onsite restaurant, Adele’s, craft hearty breakfast dishes, burgers, sandwiches, soups, and salads. The restaurant hosts a weekly drag show called Drag Factory.
- Each guest room features a kitchenette with a microwave, dishwasher, and cookware.
- Take a dip in the heated outdoor pool or soak in the jacuzzi tub.
- Other onsite recreation options include badminton, volleyball, tennis, billiards, ping-pong, and shuffleboard.
San Clemente, California: Laid-Back Coastal Town with Spanish Colonial Architecture
The laid-back town of San Clemente is set on the coast of Southern California, about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego. The beach is known for having some of the best surfing in Orange County, but visitors don’t just come for the waves; there’s a quaint pier and oceanfront eateries lining a palm-studded coastline that still hasn’t been overdeveloped. After a day of swimming or fishing, you can take advantage of pits set aside for sunset bonfires. San Clemente also has miles of biking trails, including some that wind through Camp Pendleton—the country’s largest Marine Corps base.
When San Clemente was founded in the 1920s, it was envisioned as a Spanish-style resort town. You can see some evidence of that plan in the red-tiled roofs crowning the shops and restaurants along Avenida Del Mar, the town’s main artery. Casa Romantica, the home of San Clemente’s founder, has been converted into a cultural center showcasing work by local artists.