Hotel at a Glance: Sea Club Resort
Fresh off a large-scale renovation, the Sea Club Resort sports a chic, new look while paying homage to its midcentury roots. It first opened in 1951 as the Jolly Roger Resort and was favored among celebrities such as Jayne Mansfield. In the fall, the hotel plans to open a nightclub called "The Jayne" in the starlet's honor.
- Borrow a towel and stake your claim on a beach chair, free of charge, in front of the hotel.
- Grab a bite: Head to The Deck Restaurant for a lobster burger or grilled mahi.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor pool, surrounded by chaise longues and palm trees.
- Browse the gift shop for ice cream, refreshments, sunscreen, and other sundries.
- Feathered friend: Say hello to Toukie, the 20-year-old parrot who resides in the lobby.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.