Top Reasons to Stay at Sea Palms Inn
- It’s located on Georgia’s picturesque St. Simons Island. You can bike, hike, fly-fish, and sunbathe near the island’s beaches, which are situated about 2 miles away from the inn; if you get there early enough in the morning, you might even see the dolphins that often swim in the sound.
- You can take advantage of the inn’s indoor heated pool or onsite fitness center at your leisure.
- All the deluxe guest rooms were renovated in 2008; each is equipped with WiFi, a refrigerator, and a microwave.
- Each morning, guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast.
- Some options offer two casino-boat vouchers, which you can use on the Emerald Princess II cruise ship. It features slot machines, blackjack tables, roulette wheels, and more. Guests with these options will receive an Emerald Princess goody bag upon arrival.
St. Simons Island, Georgia: Coastal Marshlands and Historic Lighthouses
The largest of Georgia’s famed “Golden Isles,” St. Simons Island has raked in some impressive awards in recent years: AOL Travel named it 1 of America’s 10 Best Islands for its picturesque, marshland setting; Budget Travel cited its historical landmarks and white-sand beaches in its list of the country’s 10 best winter beach retreats; and in 2010, _Condé Nast Traveler_’s Readers’ Choice Awards ranked the 18-square-mile hideaway the fifth-best island in the United States. Despite these accolades, St. Simons Island remains a quiet vacation destination, one where seafood shacks and Mediterranean mansions share the same oceanfront avenue.
St. Simons is dotted with verdant marshlands, maritime forests, and scenic waterways. An extensive network of scenic biking trails cut through the countryside and fishing charters and shrimp boats offer excursions year-round. You’ll get a different view of the island from the top of St. Simons Lighthouse. Built in 1872, this Victorian-style tower stands 104 feet tall and features exhibits relating to Coast Guard history.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.