Hotel at a Glance: Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel
Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel has a rustic charm that fits right in with its scenic setting in the San Bernardino Mountains. Guest rooms and cabins boast wood-beam ceilings, natural wood furnishings, and stone or brick fireplaces. There are plenty of spots to enjoy the great outdoors on the property, including a swimming pool and a wooden gazebo with gas grills and picnic tables.
- Distance from Lake Gregory Beach: a 5-minute walk
- Distance from Lake Arrowhead and Silverwood Lake: a 10-minute drive
- In-room amenities: 4-inch memory-foam mattress pads, microwave, refrigerator, and 32-inch LCD TV
- Full kitchen in each cabin
- Have a movie night: Most rooms contain a DVD or VCR player, and guests can choose from more than 400 titles available at the front office.
Crestline, California: Public Lake with Beaches, Swimming, and Fishing
The town of Crestline hugs Lake Gregory, a small body of water in the middle of the San Bernardino Mountains. In the summer, designated zones open up for swimming and fishing. There are two 300-foot waterslides and abundant catfish, trout, and bass. You can also can lounge on a stretch of sandy beachfront or rent kayaks, paddleboats, and boogie boards by the half-hour.
Temperatures in Crestline are consistently cooler than in neighboring San Bernardino (often by as much as 20 degrees), which makes for pleasant hiking and bicycling. Heart Rock Hike is an easy 1-mile trek leading to a natural, heart-shaped pool next to a waterfall and swimming hole. For more challenging trails, you can venture into the surrounding San Bernardino National Forest. It's also worth taking a spin on the nearby Rim of the World Highway, which meanders past scenic vistas en route to Big Bear Lake.