Hotel at a Glance: Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta is just a half hour northeast of Atlanta, Georgia's capital city, in the peaceful town of Duluth. Its proximity to Atlanta makes the hotel a convenient home base for visiting families and business travelers alike. While you're here, you can take a dip in the hotel's special pool—half-indoor and half-outdoor—or savor dinner at the on-site steakhouse, which uses locally sourced ingredients. The hotel earned TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2013 and the top spot on the travel site's list of hotels in Duluth.
- Signature dishes: The on-site Kaets Steakhouse serves Cajun-spiced steak and Coca Cola-braised osso buco
- Kick back at Button's Lounge, where you can play pool, watch sports, or order a cocktail
- Go for a swim: the heated pool extends from indoors to outdoors and features a sundeck; wading pool and whirlpool available
- Special amenities Guest rooms have LCD flat-screen TVs and free wireless Internet access
- Day trip ideas: See the dolphins at Georgia Aquarium, or Zoo Atlanta, each less than a half hour away
Duluth, Georgia: Historical Town on Chattahoochee River, Just Outside Atlanta
A few years after the Civil War, the railroad came to Duluth, infusing the small town with a newfound vitality. Duluth's Southeastern Railway Museum chronicles the history of Georgia's railroads with exhibits of century-old Pullman cars, restored cabooses, and kid-friendly locomotive trips for the holidays. Downtown Duluth also reflects on the town's rich past at its history museum, which is housed in the stately home of the state's first female mayor.
The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area is about a half hour from town and offers kayaking, rafting, and picturesque hikes past rocky shoal. The park is known for its colorful wildflowers, including lady slipper orchids and rare Georgia asters, which bloom a brilliant purple in October and November.
Many people stay here to explore Atlanta, where you can tour the CNN headquarters and World of Coca-Cola. The city also boasts the Georgia Aquarium—the world's largest aquarium—and works by Monet and Toulouse-Lautrec, along with historic Civil Rights era photography, at the High Museum of Art.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a traditional room with one king or two double beds
- Daily breakfast for two
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 24hr cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 13% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Steakhouse and other dining options
- Heated indoor-outdoor pool
- Complimentary local shuttle (within 2 mile radius of property)
- Fitness center
- Free high speed Internet
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 13% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3 with rollaway in king room; 4 in two-double rooms
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per adult
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: complimentary based on availability; call the hotel to request
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 32 miles from from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- By car: about 23 miles northwest of Atlanta