Top Reasons to Stay at South Seas Island Resort
- There are plenty of water activities at this four-star resort, including two pools, a waterpark with slides, and 2.5-miles of beachfront.
- You can fish from the resort’s docks and shoreline or hire a fishing charter to troll for grouper, redfish, and trout in the Gulf of Mexico.
- There are tennis courts onsite and a 9-hole golf course along the ocean.
- Guests can dine al fresco on locally caught seafood while overlooking the marina at Harbourside Bar & Grill.
- Free trolleys run daily throughout the resort village. Rent a bicycle to explore on your own.
- Beach and bayside villas have screened-in balconies, kitchens, and full access to all of the resort’s amenities.
Captiva Island, Florida: Secluded, White Sand Beaches with Plenty of Seashells
Captiva Island lies just off the northern tip of Sanibel Island, which stretches from the coast of central Florida into the Gulf of Mexico. Both islands boast miles of secluded, white sand beaches scattered with more than 400 kinds of seashells. Collecting shells along the beach at low tide is a popular pastime here, as are kayaking in the calm waters of Pine Island Sound and fishing for redfish and grouper in the gulf. You can book a dolphin-watching cruise from Captiva Cruises to watch the marine mammals frolicking in the waves.
To see even more local wildlife, head to the J. N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island. The waterfront park is home to an abundance of birds, including osprey, turkey vultures, and snowy egrets. You can observe them from walking and biking trails framed by native vegetation.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.