Property at a Glance: Springmaid Mountain
Just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, Springmaid Mountain sits on 400 acres of North Carolina property along the North Toe River. Visitors stay in Springmaid’s cabins, which look rustic, but are actually luxurious mini-homes, spaced out from one another for maximum privacy and undisturbed scenery. The setting makes for a quaint spot for a number of activities, including hiking, horseback riding, fishing, and river adventures.
- Neat amenities: The luxurious one- and two-bedroom cabins have fully equipped kitchens, flat-screen TVs, fireplaces, and a front porch with rocking chairs.
- Gone fishing: Six ponds on the property are stocked with trout, catfish, bass, and bluegill, and you don’t need a license for pond fishing. If you have a North Carolina fishing license, you can also cast a line into the North Toe River.
- Water adventures: More than a half-mile of riverfront property along the North Toe river gives guests access to kayaking, tubing, and canoeing, with onsite rentals.
- Distance to Blue Ridge Parkway 4 miles south
- Go for a ride: Springmaid Mountain has horses onsite. Take a guided hour or half-day trail ride through the property.
- Bring your walking shoes: There are more than 10 miles of trails that wind around waterfalls, mountain vistas, and rocky cliffs.
Spruce Pine, North Carolina: Charming Small Town in Blue Ridge Mountains
Located in western North Carolina, Spruce Pine is a small town set in the middle of Appalachia. Surrounding Spruce Pine are the Cherokee National Forest, the Pisgah National Forest, and the Roan Mountain State Park, and the town is known for its scenic and forested beauty. The town is within a few miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway, nicknamed “America’s Favorite Drive” for its 469 winding miles of sweeping mountain views, lush meadows, and plentiful picnicking areas.
Spruce Pine itself has a charming, old-fashioned main street with several casual restaurants. A local favorite is Dry County Brewing Company, with a rotating list of handcrafted brews on tap. For families, nearby Gem Mountain features workable mines where visitors can search for rubies, citrine, garnet, and sapphire gemstones, or take a tour underground.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._
What You Get
- Stay for two in a one-bedroom cabin or four in a two-bedroom cabin
- Dates into September
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 16-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable.
- Taxes: 9.75% tax added at purchase.
- Additional fees: $3.99 daily hospitality fee due at check-in.
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- 400 acres
- Located on North Toe River
- Luxurious cabins
- Six stocked fishing ponds
- Horseback riding
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 16-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid towards existing or group reservations
- 9.75% tax added at purchase
- $3.99 daily hospitality fee due at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- One queen and two twin beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 35lb may be added to limited one-bedroom cabins for $25 per night.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 112 miles from Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (CLT) and 150 miles from McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS)
- By car: about 120 miles northwest of Charlotte