Top Reasons to Stay at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
- Located on Florida’s Sanibel Island, the gulf-front resort offers direct beach access to a mile-long stretch of white sand strewn with swaying palms and colorful shells. Guests have access to bicycles, kayaks, beach umbrellas, chaise lounge chairs, and other family activities, all included in the resort fee.
- Studios and one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites have fully equipped kitchens and lots of space for families. Some units have screened-in balconies or patios.
- Guests at Sundial Beach Resort have access to the Sanibel Island Golf Club, an 18-hole course nestled in a tropical wildlife preserve.
- Interact with marine life at the onsite coastal observatory, which boasts a 180-gallon aquarium and a 450-gallon touch tank.
- There are several al fresco dining options. On Saturday afternoons, dine at the resort’s poolside buffet while listening to live music.
Sanibel, Florida: Shelling and Wildlife-Watching on White Sand Beaches
Sanibel is a barrier island famous for its stretches of white sand beaches, swaying palms, and turquoise waters. To get here, you can either take a boat or drive across the causeway that separates the island from Fort Myers on the mainland. Searching the beach for colorful shells during low tide is a popular pastime, particularly along the island’s southern shore, where the Gulf of Mexico deposits unbroken shells and sand dollars. Travel + Leisure called the beaches here a “shellers’ mecca.”
To the north, large populations of migratory birds and other native wildlife live at the JN “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge. Kid-friendly tours and activities include exploring a tidal zone inhabited by crabs and sea stars. On neighboring Captiva Island, you can set out on dolphin-watching tours to see the friendly marine mammals frolic in the calm waters of Pine Island Sound.