Resort with Mineral-Hot-Springs Tub in Each Room
Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort - San Luis Obispo, CA
Top Reasons to Visit Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Voted a top 10 mineral-springs spa by Spa magazine and SpaFinder in 2009, the resort has been in operation for more than 100 years. The naturally hot sulfur mineral water found onsite is said to be healing and soothing.
- All of the queen spa rooms and the double-bed rooms have attached private mineral-spring hot tubs. The airy rooms have white walls and the bathrooms have tiled floors.
- The Oasis, the onsite mineral-springs hot tub with a waterfall, can hold up to 30 people. There is also a full-service spa—one of the largest on the central coast—yoga classes (included with your stay), and a meditation labyrinth on the property. Additionally, you'll have access to a hiking trail and a walking path to the beach.
- The award-winning onsite eatery, Gardens of Avila Restaurant, serves farm-to-table cuisine made with ingredients from organic farms. Some menu highlights: the grilled albacore tostada and drake duck breast with roasted carrots.
San Luis Obispo, California: Historical Californian City Close to Hiking and the Pacific Coast
Founded in 1772 as a mission community, San Luis Obispo is one of the oldest towns in California. Located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo—nicknamed “SLO”—has a thriving downtown. Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa is its centerpiece. It was the original mission of the city; it has been completely restored and now houses a museum. Near the mission, you can wander through posh boutique shops and dine at upscale restaurants.
San Luis Obispo is almost perpetually sunny, with more than 300 rain-free days every year. The city is bisected by a string of hills known as the Nine Sisters, and six of these hills are open for climbing, hiking, and mountain biking. And with the Pacific coastline and beaches 10 miles away, people flock here to go windsurfing, kayaking, surfing, and kiteboarding. Also nearby is the resort town of Avila Beach, famous for its hot mineral springs.
San Luis Obispo made international headlines in 1990 when it became the first place in the world to ban smoking in all public buildings, including bars and restaurants. This action sparked worldwide antismoking laws, and today, it’s a citable offense to smoke in public at all in SLO. Considering the city’s famously strict health codes, it’s a delightful surprise that the Bubble Gum Alley exists here. Locals and visitors have been sticking their chewed gum on Bubble Gum Alley’s walls since about 1960, and in turn, the alley is now a massive, mosaic-like public artwork that is at once beautiful and grotesque.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Historic hot-springs resort
- Private hot tubs in each room
- Full spa and hot tub onsite
- Award-winning restaurant
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- 96-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Guests must notify hotel after reservation to book additional occupants
- 11.065% tax added at purchase
- $16.66 resort fee/day due at booking.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In all Included Rooms
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional adult; kids stay free
- Queen bed and sleeper sofa
- Two double beds
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request.
- Room upgrades: may be available for an additional fee; contact resort directly.
- By plane: 8 miles from San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport (SBP)
- By car: about 180 miles north of Los Angeles
- Mineral-springs hot tubs cost $13.50–$17.50 per person per hour to use.
The Groupon Guide to: Novelty Phones
There's no use having a phone unless, upon first glance, it looks like something else. Here are some of the most popular novelty phones of the last six decades:
- Football phone
- Nerf football phone
- Meatball phone
- Lucille Ball phone
- Governor's ball phone
- Enormous ball of hair and nails phone
- Australian-rules football phone
- The Jerry Lee Lewis Great Ball of Phone™
- Guitar phone