Hotel at a Glance: The Anza – A Calabasas Hotel
Thirty minutes outside of Los Angeles, Calabasas is ritzy residential town nestled in the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains. Though there are impressive historical attractions and hiking trails here, it’s most famous as a neighborhood for luxurious mansions belonging to Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez, and the Kardashians. The Anza – A Calabasas Hotel, located near Old Town Calabasa, has taken cues from these stylish neighbors. A recent $6 million-dollar renovation added casual yet sophisticated touches including a lobby fireplace, and new cabanas around the outdoor pool, and all guest rooms were updated.
The pool area will be upgraded with the addition of new cabanas, fire pit, furniture and a trellis to provide shade and privacy.
- Go swimming or surfing: Malibu’s white-sand beaches are located about 20 miles south, including Surfrider Beach, which offers some of the best waves in Los Angeles.
- Drink California wines at an onsite bistro: Graze Bistro & Bar serves gourmet food for breakfast and dinner. In the evening, guests gather here for crafts beers and California wines.
- Must-see attraction: Located on the Santa Monica Mountains, The Getty is a post-modernist complex that houses museum galleries of famous artwork; its central garden that’s a copyrighted work of art itself.
- Upscale shopping: Half a mile from the hotel, the 200,000-square foot Mediterranean-style Common at Calabasas has many upscale retailers, making it the preferred shopping destination for local celebrities.
- See what California ranch life was like in the 1800s: Next door is the Leonis Adobe Museum, one of the oldest private residences in Los Angeles.
Calabasas, California: Upscale Hideaway near L.A. amid Mountains and Canyons
Located just beyond the Los Angeles border, Calabasas is an upscale suburb framed by the lush Santa Monica Mountains. The foothills are dotted with luxurious estates and gated communities; a number of high-profile celebrities make their home here, including the Kardashians and Justin Bieber, who purchased a $6.5-million mansion here in March 2013.
Calabasas has a stunning rural landscape of canyons and scattered horse farms. Locals take to the mountains for hiking and biking. Meanwhile, the city center commons for fine dining and shopping.
About 20 minutes from Calabasas is the Pacific Ocean. Malibu has 20 miles of pristine coastline and some of the country’s most desirable real estate. At Topanga State Beach, you can swim, surf, fish, and kayak, and take in views of Catalina Island. Farther west, Malibu Surfrider Beach was designated the first World Surfing Reserve in 2010 for its killer waves and its cultural significance as the birthplace of California’s surf culture. Hollywood and Los Angeles are also a short drive away if you want to take in the cinematic history or star-studded nightlife.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.