Hotel at a Glance: The Chase Park Plaza Hotel
During its rich history, “The Chase is the place” was the motto here—indeed, the hotel was a center for St. Louis’s high society. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Bob Hope all performed at the Chase Club, a lounge on the property that’s since been converted into a first-run movie theater. The art-deco building still has the throwback feel of a luxurious hotel from the big-band era; its interiors are lined with marble hallways and crystal chandeliers. Perhaps best of all, it’s a short distance from some of downtown St. Louis’s top attractions, as well as Washington University.
- Catch a flick onsite: The five-screen Chase Park Plaza cinema—built from the vestiges of the old nightclub—is considered one of the best in St. Louis.
- Eat in: There are numerous dining options onsite. Try a seasoned steak in the Tenderloin Room, which has live piano music nightly.
- Dining and restaurants a short walk away: Upscale boutiques and fine dining line the affluent Central West End neighborhood, which has many buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Must-see nearby: Right near the hotel is Forest Park, which was designed for the 1904 World’s Fair and remains one of the largest public parks in the U.S. It contains the famed Saint Louis Zoo and the Saint Louis Art Museum.
- Tee off: The concierge can set you up with a round of golf at the nearby Courses at Forest Park.
St. Louis, Missouri: Urban Park Space and Brewery Tours in the Gateway City
The first thing you notice about the Gateway Arch is its height: at 630 feet, it's the tallest manmade monument in the United States, and it dwarfs the other buildings of the St. Louis skyline. Less obvious is the fact that the Arch is exactly as tall as it is wide, stretching out along the banks of the Mississippi River. You can take a ride to the summit for a bird's-eye view of the city's skyline and riverboats riding the Mississippi. Make sure you get to the Arch before 10 a.m.; after that, the lines start to get long, and tickets sometimes sell out in the afternoon.
Forest Park’s more than 1,200 acres of green space are also worth a visit. Contained in this space is the Saint Louis Zoo, which corrals hundreds of species in several different habitats; it's frequently cited as one of the best zoos in the country, and entrance is free. At high noon, sunbeams create a natural light show on the geometric façade of the Jewel Box, a 1936 art-deco greenhouse in the southeast quadrant of the park. To the north, there's the Boathouse, where you can rent a pedal-powered boat to explore Post-Dispatch Lake.
Though it was originally a hub for railroads and the fur trade, St. Louis eventually became known for being the headquarters of brewing giant Anheuser-Busch, which began producing there in 1852. On a tour through the red-brick brewery, you can sample beers and visit the stables where the company keeps its iconic clydesdale horses.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a deluxe king room or four in a one-bedroom king suite
- Daily parking
- Dates into September
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable.
- Taxes: 16.741% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Onsite movie theater with five screens
- Coffee shop
- Heated outdoor pool
- Fitness center
- Four onsite restaurants
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hours cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 16.741% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Deluxe King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not available
One-Bedroom King Suite
- One king bed and one queen sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not available
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: included in the deal
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: smoking is not allowed inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 11 miles from Lambert–St. Louis International Airport (STL)
- By cab: about $30 from STL