Top Reasons to Stay at The Cliffs Resort
- This newly renovated hotel sits on a secluded bluff overlooking a private beach on California's central coast.
- Decorated in casual California style, guest rooms feature natural wood furnishings, Italian-marble accents, and private balconies or patios with coastal or mountain views.
- The onsite restaurant, Marisol, serves Latin-inspired cuisine made with fresh seafood and naturally raised meats. You can select a vintage from the award-winning wine list and enjoy an oceanfront dinner out on the patio.
- During the day, guests gather around the heated outdoor pool for sunbathing and Pacific Ocean views. Indulge in a wild-lavender massage, a grape-seed body scrub, or another service offered onsite.
- Affectionately known as the “new Napa,” the surrounding San Luis Obispo County is home to more than 200 vineyards and wineries. Visitors can tour rural hillside estates and taste the region’s award-winning pinot noirs and chardonnays.
- The resort lies within driving distance of some of central California's best golf courses, including a links-style course in Paso Robles wine country and a coastal course surrounded by eucalyptus trees.
- An hour’s drive north lies Hearst Castle, the former estate of newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, featuring 400-year-old Spanish ceilings, famous Renaissance paintings, and Roman-inspired swimming pools.
Pismo Beach, California: Seaside Surf Town Close to Wine Country
Located along the Central California coast about midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, Pismo Beach enjoys 315 days of sunshine each year and temperatures ranging from 66 to 84 degrees. The weather and 23-mile coastline are ideal for surfing and beach culture—and you’ll see signs of both. Besides surfing and tanning, visitors enjoy hiking the Oceano Dunes and exploring the coast’s tide pools.
The warm weather and misty mornings also provide great conditions for winemaking in the nearby Edna Valley. With one of California’s longest growing seasons, the Edna Valley AVA has some of the region’s best wineries, producing large quantities of chardonnay, pinot noir, and syrah.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions. No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
What You Get
- Stay for two in an ocean/pool-view room, or stay for four in a non-ocean-view room
- Dates into November
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 11.07% tax added at purchase
- Additional fees: $16.66 daily resort fee (including tax) added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Restaurant and lounge
- Onsite spa services
- Heated outdoor pool
- 24-hour fitness center
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary airport shuttle service
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Date cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 11.065% tax and $16.66 daily resort fee added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Resort fee includes: valet or self-parking, in-room coffee, pool access, wireless Internet, fitness-center access, fresh water, fruit
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: dogs are allowed in non-ocean-view rooms for an additional $55 per stay; please contact property for availability prior to check-in
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 9 miles from San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport (SBP)
- By cab: about $25 from SBP
- By car: about 84 miles northwest of Santa Barbara, CA
- By shuttle: complimentary shuttle service to and from SBP