Hotel at a Glance: The Greenbrier
The Greenbrier sits in the shadow of the Allegheny Mountains, but the resort casts a massive shadow of its own. Situated on 10,000 acres of manicured estate grounds, the award-winning resort features three championship golf courses, a mineral spa, a casino, and enough restaurants, bars, and lounges to satisfy any craving at nearly any hour.
- Tee off: World-renowned golfers have played on the resort’s three courses; golf legend Sam Snead was the resort’s resident pro for years
- Treat yourself: The mineral spa incorporates native sulphur spring waters into its treatments
- Presidential treatment: A total of 26 presidents have stayed at The Greenbrier
- Secret history: The resort has a bunker that once served as an emergency government fallout shelter; it’s now open for tours
- Onsite dining: There are 14 restaurants, bars, lounges, and cafes to choose from
- Win big: The 100,000 square-foot onsite casino has high-stakes thrills and an upscale Southern style
- Playtime: Evenings can be spent on an exciting session of laser tag or bowling at the 8-lane bowling alley
White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia: Mineral Springs and Outdoor Playground
The small town of White Sulphur Springs is essentially centered on The Greenbrier resort. The resort itself, meanwhile, is centered on a spring of sulphur water, which flows from inside its iconic springhouse. The lush estate expands outwards from there, and guests can take advantage of some 55 organized activities. You can spend your days exploring the mountains on an off-road driving adventure, experience the unique Alpine Climbing Tower, or get up-close and personal with majestic birds of prey during falconry lessons.
If you somehow manage to master all of the resort’s on-site activities, consider heading to the nearby Greenbrier State Forest for hiking, mountain biking, and fishing.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.