Hotel at a Glance: The Historic Cotton Exchange
Ornamental white columns and a gilded canopy flank the entrance to The Historic Cotton Exchange. Inside, walls hung with French impressionist paintings give the lobby a feeling of stylish sophistication. The hotel sits on the cusp of both the French Quarter and the Central Business District, giving you easy access to attractions in either neighborhood.
- Distance from Bourbon Street: 1.5 blocks
- Go swimming: The hotel has a garden rooftop pool.
- Drink this: Specialty martinis are popular at the elegant lobby bar.
- Travel like a 19th-century person: On the St. Charles streetcar, built in 1855, which still passes right in front of the hotel. It’s the oldest continuously operating street railway system on Earth.
- Why visit now: Historic Lafayette Square, a five-minute walk from the hotel, hosts free concerts and movies all summer long
New Orleans’ Central Business District: Vibrant Downtown with Lots of Historic Character
In the 1960s, many of the historic neighborhoods of the Central Business District were torn down to make way for high-rise office buildings and parking lots. Had a preservationist group not intervened, the neighborhood would have looked a lot different today. They not only salvaged many of the neighborhood’s 19th- and 20th- century buildings, but also much of its character.
Today, you can see some of this character at historic Lafayette Square, which hosts free concerts and movies. Or, take the St. Charles streetcar past antebellum mansions and southern live oaks en route to the Garden District, just to the south.
If you’re in the mood for some shopping, head to Canal Place, a massive indoor shopping complex along the Mississippi River. From here, you can easily walk to Harrah’s, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, and other attractions along the riverfront.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._
What You Get
- Stay for two in a double-double or king room
- Daily hot breakfast
- Dates into September
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 96-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 13% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Rooftop pool
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Date cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 96-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 13% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $15 per person 18 and older, 17 and younger stay free.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Adding occupants above standard: N/A
Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet parking available for an additional $28 per day
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: may be available during booking or check-in.
- By plane: about 15 miles from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- By shuttle: $38 round-trip from MSY, per person
- By cab: about $35 from MSY, including a 15% tip