Top Reasons to Visit The Inn at Deep Creek
- The inn sits on the edge of Deep Creek Lake, which has nearly 70 miles of shoreline where you can go fishing, boating, and hiking.
- It’s set amid the Allegheny Mountains, a region covered with manmade lakes and dense forests; local outfitters offer kayak tours, whitewater-rafting trips, and group hikes.
- The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms evoke a cozy cabin feel with upgraded amenities and fieldstone fireplaces in select rooms.
- The double-queen room can accommodate up to four guests and features a kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator.
- When not out on the lake for fishing and swimming, you can lounge by the heated outdoor pool.
- There are many dining spots within walking distance, including a lakefront bar, a pizzeria, and a grocery.
Oakland, Maryland: Quaint Country Town with Recreational Fishing and Mountain Hikes
Oakland is a small mountain town located in the western panhandle of Maryland. Deep Creek Lake, the largest freshwater lake in the state, runs through here, offering miles of scenic coastline. During the summer, you can rent motorboats, water skis, and wakeboards from a number of local sporting shops. Fishing charters—including ice fishing and fly-fishing—set out in search of bass and walleye year-round. There are also plenty of family-friendly activities at the Deep Creek Lake Discovery Center. Set along the shores of a state park, this environmental center houses gardens with native plants and hands-on wildlife exhibits.
The surrounding countryside is filled with more beautiful scenery. Swallow Falls State Park, located north of Oakland, features rocky cliffs and plunging rapids, including a 53-foot waterfall known as Muddy Creek Falls. During the winter, it’s popular to head to Wisp Resort, which offers more than 130 acres of skiable terrain and a guided snowmobile tour.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Lakeside property
- Heated seasonal outdoor pool
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary iPads during stay
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- 96-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Guests must notify hotel after reservation to book additional occupants
- 11% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not permitted
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: may be available on request, $25/day
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available
- Room upgrades: upgrades to a King room are subject to availability; call the property to arrange
- By plane: 131 miles from Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT); 148 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- By car: about 100 miles southeast of Pittsburgh
- U.S. Cellular has the only cell-phone tower in the area, so you might have spotty phone service while you’re there.
The Groupon Guide to: Blowing Kisses
Any love-struck fool can form a crude pucker and exhale over an open palm, but it takes a true master to pull off any of these advanced kiss-blowing maneuvers:
- The Train Whistle
- The Heart-Shaped Puff
- The Over-the-Shoulder Bolder Smolder
- The Taste the Rainbow (Skittles trickle out)
- The Take Back JK Here You Go Don’t Cry
- The Silent but Deadly but Romantic
- The Indecent Proposal (blows wedding ring directly onto finger)