Modern Bed and Breakfast in the Heart of Ohio Amish Country
Holmes County, Ohio, is home to the world's largest Amish community, a culture that eschews modern technology in search of a simpler lifestyle. Consequently, the region feels even more separate from city life than other rural areas. The Inn at Honey Run embraces this ethos while still offering an onsite spa, an upscale restaurant, and other comforts you'd expect from a luxury boutique hotel.
The Inn at Honey Run's aesthetic is a far cry from the earthy farmhouses just a few miles away. Elegant decor covers both the lobby and the guest rooms. Honeycomb rooms are built into a hillside and come with secluded outdoor patios and sandstone fireplaces.
Every morning, guests gather at Tarragon, the inn's upscale yet casual restaurant, for continental breakfasts of fresh fruit, yogurt, and housemade muffins and pastries. For lunch and dinner, Executive Chef Scott Fetty draws on his international culinary training—which includes a stint at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris—and uses seasonal, local ingredients to craft upscale American cuisine including smoked pork mignon and braised beef short ribs.
At the onsite Spa at Honey Run, sip on flowering tea before a massage, facial, or body wrap that uses 100% organic oils and scrubs. The hiking trails that crisscross the property are another source of relaxation, passing through meadows and alongside burbling brooks.
Holmes County, Ohio: Bucolic Farmland Rich in Amish Tradition
Located about 80 miles south of Cleveland, Holmes County's rolling countryside is rife with farms and stores, as well as a few tourist attractions. See the Amish lifestyle up close at The Farm at Walnut Creek, which also houses exotic creatures such as giraffes, camels, and kangaroos along with regional animals such as cattle, horses, sheep, and goats. The Holmes County Trail follows 29 miles of former railroad lines, from nearby Killbuck to Fredericksburg, with a paved trail that accommodates Amish buggies and bicycles.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Onsite restaurant
- Onsite spa
- Walking and biking trails
- Complimentary WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- 11-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Must provide first and last name upon purchase, which will be provided to The Inn at Honey Run
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Must be 12 or older to stay. 9.5% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In all Included Rooms
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not available
- Complimentary WiFi
Superior Inn Room
- Corner picture-window views or step-out decks
- Unique sandstone fireplace
- Private patio
- Views of surrounding countryside
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available with Groupon-valid rooms
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the merchant.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 45 miles from Akron-Canton Regional Airport (CAK); 73 miles from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE)
- By car: 58 miles southwest of Akron, Ohio
- The inn does not allow guests younger than 12.
- No guests younger than 18 are allowed to stay in Honeycomb rooms.
The Groupon Guide to: Speed-Reading
Reading is so boring that if you don't do it fast, you're at risk of falling asleep and hitting your head on a book. Diminish your reading time to mere seconds a day with these speed-reading tips:
Practice moving your eyes really fast by quickly looking back and forth at a set of twins until they start to look like one person.
Most written text is full of extra words that the author put in to sound smart and pay homage to that old hag Mother Grammar. Skip the fluff by only reading words that are men's names, parts of a horse, in a crazy font, or "Las Vegas."
Do not ever read anything inside of parentheses. Parentheses are the garbage can of the page where the author puts his least important or most disgusting thoughts.
Use the shape of a paragraph to guide you. Big and blocky? No use in reading what's probably just boring backstory. Thin and slim? You've found that sweet, scintillating mistress we call dialogue—read away.