Historical Hotel next to Union Square
The Mosser has been a staple near San Francisco’s Union Square since it first opened in 1913 as the Keystone Hotel. Located halfway between Market Street and Mission Street, the modern hotel sits across from the Moscone Center, a massive convention center and exhibition complex, and around the corner from the upscale Westfield San Francisco Centre mall in Union Square. Head east on 4th Street, and you’ll quickly encounter the Yerba Buena Gardens, a two-block park lined with memorials, museums, and an ice-skating rink. California cuisine—a style that typically includes seasonal, locally sourced ingredients—is the focal point of Annabelle’s Bar and Bistro. The onsite bistro has a wide-ranging menu that employs locally sourced ingredients in its artisan pizzas and fresh seafood dishes. Some highlights: their pan-seared halibut, served with a meyer lemon cauliflower puree, or the house-made lobster and mascarpone ravioli. Pop by during the daily happy hour for discounted food and drinks from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Elegant deluxe queen and deluxe full rooms feature wooden venetian blinds and newly installed granite and steel fixtures in the private bathrooms.
San Francisco’s South of Market Neighborhood: The Moscone Center and Yerba Buena Gardens
Just north of the Mission District, South of Market is a vast neighborhood with many of the city’s best museums, including the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Right across the street, Yerba Buena Gardens displays a number of outdoor art pieces as well as a Martin Luther King Jr. memorial that sits behind a 50-foot-high waterfall. The public gardens (including a butterfly garden) cover two city blocks. They’re attached on the southeast side by pedestrian bridge to the Moscone Center. Jump on the Powell Street cable car and head up into North Beach for a taste of San Fran’s Little Italy. North Beach has held to its Italian heritage since fishers from Genoa immigrated to the area more than a century ago. Sandwiched between Chinatown and Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach centers around Washington Square park, which abuts the Saints Peter and Paul Church. To find the epicenter of the neighborhood’s noticeable beatnik influence, walk about three blocks south to City Lights Bookstore. The independent bookstore and publisher has remained a symbol of San Francisco's literary scene and progressive politics since the 1950s, when it was a hangout of Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a deluxe full or deluxe queen room
- Two centennial Ketel cocktails at Annabelle's
- Dates into August
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 3-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 15.5% tax added at purchase for dates through 6/30; 16% tax added after 7/1
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Annabelle’s Bar and Bistro
- Walking distance to Union Square and Moscone Center
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and muffins served from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Free WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 3-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in and to consume alcohol
- Tax not included; 15.5% tax applies through 6/30, 16% tax applies after 7/1.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Deluxe Full Room
- One full bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Cable TV
Deluxe Queen Room
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $15 per night for an additional guest
Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet parking is $35 plus tax for standardized vehicles and $45 plus tax for oversize vehicles.
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: call the hotel with accessibility requests.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 14 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- By transit: BART rail toward Pittsburg/Bay Point, Powell St. stop
- By cab: about $60 from SFO, including a 15% tip
- By shuttle: $14 one-way from SFO