Hotel at a Glance: The Orlando Hotel
Fresh from a $6 million dollar renovation, the upscale Orlando now has more for the health-conscious guest: the onsite restaurant serves locally sourced cuisine, and there's a 24-hour fitness room. That's all a bonus when you consider the hotel's convenient location, about a mile from the open-air Farmers Market and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art; downtown LA is less than a half hour away, too.
- Sustainable cuisine, signature cocktails, and craft beer at the onsite restaurant, The Churchill
- Soothe muscles with a dip in the outdoor pool's heated salt water.
- Full-service spa offers skincare and in-room treatments
- Clover juice bar: Rejuvenate with black chia, gingersnap, and other freshly pressed fruit juices.
- Redesigned rooms feature marble bathrooms and dark-wood furnishings.
- Notable awards: TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2012 and 2013
Highlights of West Hollywood, Los Angeles
- The Sunset Strip: Judy Garland, Dean Martin, and Marilyn Monroe once partied here. The Whisky a Go Go, The Roxy, and the Viper Room were stomping grounds for rock bands such as The Doors and Van Halen.
- Silver screen: Several chic hotels on the Strip are immortalized in films including Get Shorty, Almost Famous, and Doc Hollywood.
- Nightlife: The Strip and West Hollywood (or WeHo to locals) cater to a diverse population and feature a number of LGBT-friendly bars and dance clubs.
- Take a day trip to Hollywood, just 20 minutes north of WeHo. Family-friendly stops include Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Get a hilltop view of LA and the Hollywood sign outside the Griffith Observatory. It features a star projector and a Zeiss telescope that is nearly 80 years old.
- The Nethercutt Collection displays vintage automobiles, player pianos, and crank-operated music boxes.