Hotel at a Glance: The Tower Hotel
Near downtown Oklahoma city, The Tower Hotel is positioned right by the city's top dining, shopping, and entertainment. That said, the high-rise isn't too far removed from nature, either—it's just 1 mile from beautiful Lake Hefner. The 2,500-acre lake features a heated fishing dock, two covered piers, and a 9-mile multipurpose trail that loops all the way around the lake.
- Distance from downtown OKC: 9 miles
- Breakfast for two at Bistro 44 is included; come back in the evening to enjoy a juicy steak.
- Onsite recreation: indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center with New Life cardio equipment
- Live entertainment is available every Saturday night at Russell's Lounge, which serves specialty cocktails.
- Catch your favorite shows on the 39-inch TV in your guest room.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Former Frontier City with Modern Niche Museums
Oklahoma City is a relatively young town, founded a little more than a century ago in 1889. It's both the capital and the largest city of the Sooner State, and it's chock full of contemporary museums, modern art displays, and vibrant neighborhoods. Head to the historical Bricktown district to stroll along a picturesque river walk past eateries and shops, all housed in the traditional red brick buildings that gave the area its name. At The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City across town, there are more than 85 stores and a food court.
You’ll also find several niche museums to check out, such as the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and the Museum of Osteology, which bills itself as "America's Only Skeleton Museum." Here, you can see hundreds of skulls and skeletons of various animals, including primates, reptiles, and a 40-foot whale.