Hotel at a Glance: Timber Cove Inn
Timber Cove Inn enjoys a scenic perch along Northern California’s Sonoma Coast. Located on a rocky point overlooking the Pacific, it’s surrounded by jagged cliffs and windswept beaches. Many mornings here begin with strolls along the promontory; in the evening, guests gather around the fire pit to watch the sun set over the water. You’ll find views of the Sonoma Mountains in forest-view rooms and gorgeous overlooks of the coast at the hotel’s upscale oceanfront restaurant, Alexander’s.
- Press shout-out: Sunset magazine praised the hotel's “million-dollar" location.
- Architectural touches: Wood-beam interiors and fieldstone fireplaces
- Daily wine flights are available at the hotel.
- Sonoma County Wineries: Fort Ross Vineyard and Annapolis Winery are nearby.
- Salt Point State Park offers 20 miles of hiking trails with brightly colored succulents and ocean views.
Jenner, California: Coastal Town in Sonoma County near World-Famous Wineries
Located along Northern California’s coast, the tiny town of Jenner sits at the intersection of the Pacific Ocean and the Russian River, with Sonoma Coast State Beach to the south. In addition to dramatic views, the coastal setting offers an abundance of outdoor activities. Eight miles of sandy beaches run along highway 1, giving visitors access to fertile tide pools and hiking trails. Goat Rock Beach, with its resident harbor seals and twisting rock formations, is one of the best places to start. For up-close views of the water, rent a kayak and paddle along the Russian River estuary, or dive for abalone offshore in Timber Cove.
Jenner is a short drive from Sonoma County’s vineyards and wineries, which are scattered throughout charming towns such as Santa Rosa and Healdsburg, located about 30 miles west. Here you can sample award-winning cabernet sauvignons and chardonnays in tasting rooms tucked into hills and valleys. Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve is another attractive spot. Set about 15 miles inland, this ancient grove is filled with towering trees that can live for more than 1,000 years.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a forest-view room
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable
- Taxes: 11% tax added at purchase
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Oceanfront restaurant
- Cocktail lounge with occasional live music
- Croquet lawn
- Outdoor fire pit
- Complimentary WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 11% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Checkout: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available at no additional charge
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: may be available at check-in for additional fee
- By plane: 106 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO); 42 miles from Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport (STS)
- By car: about 91 miles north of San Francisco