Top Reasons to Stay at Tuscany Hills Resort
- This romantic resort is 1-6 miles from local wineries and breweries.
- Relax with yoga classes, a deep-tissue massage, or time in the hot soaking pool at the onsite spa.
- Guests can play a round of golf at Castle Creek Golf Course or use the resort’s professional tennis and pickleball courts.
- Each deluxe mini suite has a private balcony or patio overlooking the golf course, garden, or pool area.
- The villa has three bedrooms, a full kitchen, dining and living areas, and a wraparound deck that overlooks the golf course.
- The resort grounds contain lush gardens and burbling fountains, which you can explore on paved walking paths.
- The San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and other San Diego attractions are just a 20- to 45-minute drive south of the resort.
Escondido, California: Scenic Green Spaces near Southern California Wine Country
Located about 40 miles north of San Diego, Escondido sits in a lush valley dotted with avocado and orange groves. The town’s warm summers and mild winters make it a nice spot for enjoying the outdoors all year round. Daley Ranch, a large conservation area a few miles outside of the city center, contains an oak forest and grasslands crisscrossed with hiking and biking paths.
A few miles north of Escondido, you’ll find a number of wineries in the rolling hills of Temecula Valley. Daily tours and tastings are offered through Tuscany Hills Resort.
If you make the trip into San Diego, be sure to visit the zoo’s safari exhibit, where cheetahs, elephants, and other African animals roam in spacious habitats. Another popular spot is the Gaslamp Quarter, arguably one of the trendiest listings on the National Register of Historic Places. The area forms both the historic center of town and a hub of San Diego nightlife, with nearly 100 Victorian-era buildings now occupied by high-end boutiques, jewelers, and gourmet restaurants.