Top Reasons to Visit Ventana Inn & Spa
- Go hiking, look out on the Pacific Ocean, or just stargaze here—this adults-only resort is secluded amid 243 acres of meadows and wooded hillsides in Big Sur, California.
- Everyday the inn hosts yoga and Pilates classes as well as afternoon wine and cheese receptions.
- The Spa at Ventana offers a full menu of treatments, including massages and seaweed wraps. For the discounted price of $48, Groupon customers can purchase a 25-minute Focused Fusion massage (a $60 value). Guests can book their massage in advance when booking their reservation or onsite, based on availability.
- The elegant Restaurant at Ventana has an extensive wine list to complement its dishes prepared with locally sourced ingredients.
- There are two heated outdoor pools, one of them clothing-optional; they’re adjacent to a clothing-optional sun deck and Japanese hot baths, which stay open day and night.
- Guest rooms and suites have decks or patios. Some have their own outdoor spa, and all rooms include a wood-burning fireplace.
Guests must be 18 or older stay at Ventana Inn & Spa.
Big Sur, California: Stunning Coastal Scenery Beloved by Famous Authors
In Big Sur, the rugged Santa Lucia Mountains jut directly out of the Pacific Ocean, forging one of the most dramatic vistas in central California. Green and golden flowered meadows carpet the mountain slopes, and a little farther inland, you can hike through redwood groves. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is a must-visit; tucked amid its native black-tailed deer and redwood groves are the 60-foot-high Pfeiffer Falls and Pfeiffer Beach, where sand is streaked with purple from nearby manganese-garnet deposits.
Because of its natural beauty and relative isolation, Big Sur has long attracted artists and writers from across the world. Jack Kerouac and Hunter S. Thompson have spent time here. American writer and painter Henry Miller spent 18 years living in Big Sur, too; in tribute, one of his friends converted a home into the Henry Miller Memorial Library, which celebrates his life and career. Stop here to shop for books or sip a cup of tea right next to a fireplace, just as Miller did.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary yoga classes
- Afternoon wine and cheese reception
- Complimentary nature walk
- Two heated swimming pools
- Japanese hot baths and sun decks
- Flat-screen TVs with DVD players
- Fitness room
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 15-day cancellation notice required or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 18 or older to check in and to stay
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- 10.57% tax and $35.15 resort fee per day added at purchase
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Ventana Fireplace Room, Big Sur Suite, or Pacific House Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 1 p.m.
- Resort fee includes: complimentary extended continental breakfast, daily yoga and Pilates, evening wine and cheese reception, daily discovery hike
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms may be available; call the hotel to arrange.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available; call the hotel to arrange.
- By plane: about 36 miles from Monterey Peninsula Airport (MRY)
- By car: about 123 miles south of San Jose
The Groupon Guide to: Forgotten Mythic Monsters
Everyone remembers the mythic minotaur (body of a man and head of a bull), but how many of these other mythic monsters can you name?
- The Griffin: Body of a lion, head of an eagle
- The Gryphon: Body and head of a Griffin
- The Chimera: Head of a lion, body of a serpent, other creepier head of a goat
- The Centaur: Head of a man, body of a strong, beautiful horse, soul of an angel
- The Normalulon: Body of a minotaur, head of a man
- The Uhohulon: Body of a man, head of a much smaller man
- The Bernie: Body of a Bert, head of an Ernie
- The Potatoclops: A messed up potato with only one eye