Top Reasons to Visit Villas by the Sea Resort
- The resort sits on a 17-acre plot overlooking the beach on Jekyll Island, one of Georgia’s four Golden Isles.
- Mini villas and studio villas feature sitting areas and kitchenettes. One-bedroom villas come with full kitchens, dining areas, and private patios or balconies.
- Pop into the onsite Driftwood Bistro for regional favorites such as fried okra, shrimp creole, and stuffed collard greens.
- Click Café offers complimentary WiFi; coffee and light bites are also available.
- Guests can swim in the L-shaped outdoor pool, which is heated by the sun.
- You can take a stroll along the 400-foot oceanfront boardwalk or rent a bicycle to explore nature trails throughout the property.
- Included with this Getaway are two tickets to board the Emerald Princess II, a 600-passenger cruise ship and casino.
Jekyll Island, Georgia: Kayaking, Golf, and Pristine Beaches
Situated 90 miles south of Savannah, Jekyll Island is one of Georgia’s famed Golden Isles, a quartet of barrier islands that hug the Atlantic coastline. Jekyll Island was once the exclusive winter playground of wealthy families including the Rockefellers, Morgans, and Pulitzers. You can catch a glimpse of their stately summer cottages by touring the Jekyll Island Club National Historic Landmark District.
Today, visitors flock to the island to kayak through salt marshes, embark on chartered fishing tours, or play rounds at the island’s four golf courses. The popular Driftwood Beach on the north shore is a prime spot for playing volleyball, watching birds, and collecting seashells.
The area’s tidal creeks attract a plethora of wildlife, including porpoises, fiddler crabs, and shorebirds such as egrets and herons. The island is also home to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, a hospital for ill and injured sea turtles. The public is welcome to tour the facility and learn about ongoing conservation efforts.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
Stay for two includes Emerald Princess II Casino evening-cruise boarding passes for two (a $20 value)
- Onsite bistro
- Outdoor pool
- Bicycle rentals
- Nature trails
- Wireless Internet café
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 11% tax and 5% resort fee added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Mini Villa, Studio Villa, One-Bedroom Villa Island-Side, One-Bedroom Villa Oceanside
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: daily newspaper, Internet, coffee, local phone call
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 67 miles from Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- By car: 76 miles north of Jacksonville, FL
The Groupon Guide to: Most-Endangered Species
Many precious species have become endangered nearly to the point of extinction, due to both natural and unnatural causes. What are some endangered species that you can help protect?
Species: Snow-tipped stump owl
Natural Predator: Man (destruction of habitat)
Endangerment Level: 9
What You Can Do: Always read the labels to make sure you only purchase owl-free tuna.
Species: Hump-backed bog toad
Natural Predator: Man (eating it)
Endangerment Level: Even worse than pandas
What You Can Do: When traipsing through a bog, always be careful to crush only precious, delicate plant life and never any real organisms.
Species: Snow-bogged hump stump
Natural Predator: Man (killing it out of anger)
Endangerment Level: Went extinct while you were reading this sentence
What You Can Do: … TV?