Kid-Friendly Wyndham Hotel in North Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard - North Charleston, SC
Hotel at a Glance: Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
This new, family-friendly hotel is located on the campus of Charleston Southern University. Situated in North Charleston—which Bloomberg Businessweek named one of America’s most fun, affordable cities—the hotel is perfectly positioned for guests to explore the Lowcountry’s many recreational and cultural attractions. Hiking, biking, and boating can be enjoyed only a mile away at a county park, and you can reach downtown Charleston’s award-winning restaurants and historic sites in 30 minutes.
- Go swimming: The hotel has an outdoor pool with a jacuzzi and a waterfall, and Charleston’s family-friendly beaches are only 30 minutes away.
- Outdoor fun: mountain biking, boating, and hiking at the 1,015-acre North Charleston Wannamaker County Park (1 mile from the hotel)
- Complimentary breakfast buffet: scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, and fruit
- In-room amenities: flat-screen HDTVs, refrigerators, and photographs by local artists
- Off the beaten path: Canoe and kayak through black-water swamps at Cypress Gardens, where a number of Hollywood films have been shot.
- Within walking distance: several dining options, including a New York-style deli and an old-school barbecue joint
North Charleston, South Carolina: Family-Friendly City with Hiking, Boating, and Live Theater
Located about 15 minutes from downtown Charleston, North Charleston is a friendly residential community in the heart of the Lowcountry. Bloomberg Businessweek named it one of America’s most fun, affordable cities in 2011, noting the many family-owned shops and restaurants in the historic district. At North Charleston Wannamaker County Park, you can hike and bike miles of woodland trails or rent a paddleboat and go cruising along the lagoon. Another popular destination is the North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center, where you can see concerts, Broadway musicals, and the South Carolina Stingrays hockey team.
To the south you’ll find Charleston, which was recently named one of the best historic destinations in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Georgian mansions line the waterfront, the spires of colonial-era churches punctuate the skyline, and horse-drawn carriages clop along cobblestone streets.
In recent years, Charleston has merged its Old South roots with a strong arts-and-culture scene. The streets are lined with top-tier art galleries and antique stores, and you can catch live jazz performances at night. Step out onto King Street to browse third-generation clothiers who have set up shop in landmark buildings.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a one-king deluxe room or two-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 13.5% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Fitness center
- Complimentary WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48hr cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 13.5% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
One-King Deluxe Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge for guests 17 or younger in existing bedding; $10 per night for an adult 18 or older. Rollaway fees apply.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge for guests 17 or younger; $10 per night per adult 18 or older
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a suite for $30 per night if available; call hotel with upgrade requests.
- By plane: about 11 miles from Charleston International Airport (CHS)
- By transit: CARTA Bus No. 10, Charleston Southern University stop
- By cab: about $30 from CHS
- By car: about 7 miles north of Charleston