Go Sightseeing in Brazil's World Cup Soccer Host Cities
Brazil's reputation as a party and vacation destination is well-earned by its nightlife scene and numerous beaches. You'll have plenty of free time in Rio de Janeiro to enjoy both of these, and your stay in Manaus offers up some adventurous eco-tourism. This vacation includes:
- Airfare included from Miami (MIA)
- Roundtrip airport transfers in Rio de Janeiro and Manaus
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Windsor Copa Hotel in Rio de Janeiro
- Half-day city sightseeing tour including Corcovado Mountain (Christ the Redeemer statue)
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Amazon Tupana Lodge in Manaus
- Evening motorized canoe exploration and crocodile-spotting
- Jungle treks with local guide
- Piranha fishing
- Sunrise wildlife spotting excursion and bird-watching
- Optional overnight camping trip in the jungle
- Twelve meals: six breakfasts, three lunches, three dinners
Days 1–4: Rio de Janeiro
This bustling metropolis—Commonly referred to simply as "Rio"—counts white-sand beaches, lush rainforests, and raucous nightlife as part of its landscape. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy all three, as well as cultural attractions such as the Niteroi Contemporary Art Museum, with its locally made contemporary art. Shop for Carnaval costumes in Saara and bikinis in Ipanema, or head to the weekend Feira de Sao Cristovao market to dance with locals, shop, and sip cachaca, a local sugarcane liqueur.
- Christ the Redeemer statue: Perched 2,329 feet in the air on top of Mount Corcovado, a visit to this 125-feet-tall statue offers sweeping views of the city below. The statue has been lauded as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Nightlife: Join in on the Lapa and Centro districts' many street parties, or enjoy a drink and cut a rug in their open-air bars and nightclubs.
- Eat like a local: Enjoy feijoada, a meat-and-bean stew, or sardines, a popular local snack. Find this and more in Zona Sul and the bohemian Santa Catarina districts, which offer local and international eats.
- Accommodations: Windsor Copa Hotel offers onsite dining and contemporary rooms just steps from the Copacabana Beach.
Days 5–8: Manaus
As you travel to Manaus—capital city of the Amazonas state—you'll notice its surprising mix of lush rainforest and towering high-rises. It's also the host city for some of 2014's biggest soccer matches. While trekking through the jungle around here, keep your eyes peeled for pied bare-faced tamarin (an endangered primate), or go fishing for piranha, just two of the many activities included in this deal.
- Teatro Amazonas Museum: Built in 1884, this historic opera house's interior is decorated with the detailed works of Italian painter Domenico de Angelis. The exterior features a dome inlaid with 36,000 tiles painted with the colors of Brazil's national flag.
- Soccer stadium: Visit the Arena Amazonia, where the United States recently tied with Portugal.
- Eat like a local: A favorite dish here is jaraqui, a type of fish commonly prepared with lemon, parsley, cilantro, and green onion, then topped with a sauce made from wild yucca juice.
- Accommodations: Amazon Tupana Lodge, a rustic, jungle eco-lodge, offers a restaurant, bar, and rooms outfitted with tropical decor.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Fare varies depending on city and dates; please enquire at time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Pre/post extensions are possible and will be priced based on dates, itinerary and availability at time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Each buy button is limited to one date.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? Travel dates are guaranteed at time of booking, if you’re looking for alternative dates, please enquire at time of booking.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? No Child discounts. Child requires full price Groupon package. If accompanying two adults, accommodations must be in a triple room, availability limited and must be verified at time of purchase.