Hotel at a Glance: Caribbean Shores Bed & Breakfast
Caribbean Shores Bed & Breakfast occupies a scenic spot amid palm trees near the Caribbean Sea. It features an outdoor pool and waterfall as well as a rooftop deck with views of the mountains and the ocean. The attentive innkeepers offer homey touches, such as daily breakfast and beach lunches (on request), which helped the inn earn TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2013.
- Nearby adventure: zipline tours, scuba diving, and horseback riding
- See sunsets and stargaze on the rooftop observation deck.
- Outdoor pool with stone waterfall: also features sun deck and slide
- Roomy jacuzzi: with enough space for up to 10 people
- Common living area: equipped with a full kitchen, gas grills, and board games
- Complimentary breakfast: includes eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, and more
Hopkins, Belize: Friendly Caribbean Village Close to the World's Second Largest Barrier Reef
Belize First magazine named Hopkins “the friendliest village in Belize.” Set on the Caribbean coast, the town is made up of about 1,000 residents, most of whom speak English. Their welcoming spirit has helped make Hopkins an up-and-coming tourist destination, bringing a growing number of restaurants, bars, and gift shops.
Probably the biggest draw for tourists, though, is Belize’s barrier reef—the largest of its kind in the Western Hemisphere. On diving excursions, you can visit underwater wonders such as the Great Blue Hole, which Jacques Cousteau declared one of the top 10 dive sites on earth. Back on dry land, you can take a tour through the Maya Mountains en route to Xunantunich, an ancient ceremonial monument set near panoramic views of Belize, Guatemala, and the bald spots of monkeys.