Top Reasons to Stay at Chachagua Rainforest Hotel & Hacienda
- Located on a 300-acre private biological station in central Costa Rica, Chachagua Rainforest Hotel & Hacienda is a working ranch with eco-friendly lodging nestled in the rainforest.
- The hotel is near Arenal Volcano National Park, where you can hike through the jungle amid howler monkeys, tapirs, and tropical birds.
- Rainforest rooms are surrounded by lush jungle vegetation and feature rain showers and handcrafted wood furniture. While bungalows also feature private patios with hammocks.
- At the open-air restaurant, chefs use organic produce grown onsite to craft Costa Rican and international dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Each morning, dig into a complimentary American breakfast.
- Guests can swim in the outdoor pool, which is fed by a natural spring.
- Several hiking trails wend throughout the property, leading to waterfalls and lagoons.
- The hotel offers several adventure package add-ons. If you select the last deal option, you can choose from a rainforest, rafting, or wildlife-refuge excursion.
Central Costa Rica: Arenal Volcano National Park and Cloud Forest Reserve
Until very recently, Arenal was Costa Rica’s most active volcano. It’s dormant now, but the surrounding region of central Costa Rica is no less stunning, with fertile rainforests, whitewater rapids for kayaking, and a lake with watersports. Nearby, the nearly 200-foot La Fortuna Waterfall plunges into a popular swimming hole that you can reach by foot or horseback.
About 70 miles (115 km) away, you can hike in the 25,000-acre Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. The cloud forest is comprised of eight ecological zones, more than 2,500 plant species, and 400 bird species, including the rare quetzal bird.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.