Grand Bahama Island Vacation with Airfare from CheapCaribbean.com - Bahamas
Five-Day, Four-Night Stay at Grand Lucayan Beach and Golf Resort with Round-Trip Airfare. Additional Gateways Available for an Extra Fee
Five-Day, Four-Night Grand Bahama Island Vacation
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL) to Grand Bahama International Airport (FPO)
- Four-night stay in an ocean view room at Grand Lucayan Beach & Golf Resort
- Up to three kids 17 and younger eat for free with a paying adult
- Available Additional Gateways
Orlando - additional $140 per person
Raleigh - additional $230 per person
Atlanta - additional $240 per person
Washington, DC - additional $240 per person
New York City - additional $250 per person
Additional gateways are available. Pricing for additional gateways is estimated.
Grand Lucayan Beach & Golf Resort
After visiting the Bahamas, George Washington is said to have called them the "Isles of Perpetual June." The former president's description was apt—the archipelago's temperature hovers in the mid-70s even in winter. Visitors from all corners of the globe come here year-round. On the southwest corner of Grand Bahama Island, the 519-room Grand Lucayan Beach & Golf Resort sits along 7.5 acres of aquamarine beachfront. The giant resort is a nice home base before you jet off to the beach, but there’s plenty to do onsite. The 18-hole championship Reef course, designed by architect Robert Trent Jones Jr., has nearly 7,000 yards of greens and fairways lined with water hazards and grassy rough. You can also channel your competitive spirit at any of four tennis courts outfitted with Grand Slam surfaces or by challenging blackjack dealers to staring contests at the onsite casino. Nine restaurants, cafés, and bars are on the property, and they serve up a range of eats, from casual international cuisine at Willy Broadleaf to upscale pan-Pacific fare at China Beach. Come morning, there's a full breakfast buffet with an omelet station, fresh baked goods, and traditional Bahamian breakfast items. Island-inspired decor, such as wicker furniture, adorns the 400-square-foot ocean-view rooms. Each room has a balcony or a patio that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. The daily resort fee and service fees aren’t included in this Groupon; see the What You Get section for a price breakdown.
Grand Bahama Island: Duty-Free Shopping and Scenic National Parks
Grand Bahama Island, the northernmost isle in the archipelago, sits a mere 70 miles (113 km) from the eastern coast of Florida. Just across the street from the resort you'll find Unexso, which offers diving and dolphin experiences, and the Port Lucaya Marketplace, where duty-free shops sell jewelry, china, leather goods, and designer apparel. When the sun sets, Port Lucaya's Count Basie Square comes to life with live bands performing music from a range of genres.
There are three national parks on Grand Bahama Island; the 40-acre Lucayan National Park features elements from all six of the island's ecosystems, as well as plant life such as rare flowers, mangroves, and pine trees. Visitors can also go spelunking to find prehistoric movie posters in the park's network of freshwater caves.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
Five-day, four-night Bahamas vacation with airfare, pay $235 fee to travel solo
- Option 1: $489 per person, pay solo supplement fee to travel solo (up to a $959 value)
- Option 2: $978 for travel for two (up to a $1,918 value)
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 5/16/13
Travel by: 11/3/13
Solo Traveler Fees:
- Option 1: $724 total ($489 + $235 fee)
- Blackout dates: No blackout dates
- Cancellation policy & fees:
- Taxes: tax included
- Additional fees: $235 solo travel fee; resort fee of $9 per person, per night and mandatory service charge of $8 per person, per night not included, applicable to all persons 13 and older; mandatory energy surcharge of $10 per room, per night not included. $1 booking fee may be charged, not included.
Available Additional Gateways
- Orlando - additional $140 per person
- Raleigh - additional $230 per person
- Atlanta - additional $240 per person
- Washington, DC - additional $240 per person
- New York City - additional $250 per person
Additional fees will vary based on the dates booked.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Up to nine restaurants and bars
- 18-hole championship golf courses
- Three swimming pools
- Four tennis courts
- Spa and fitness center
- Free use of non-motorized watersports equipment
- Kid's Club
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 5/16/13 or promo value expires
- Travel by 11/3/13
- 2/person, +2 as gifts
- Valid only for option bought
- Reservation req'd, subject to avail
- Must have valid passport at booking
- Fee up to Groupon price to cancel
- 21+ to check in
- Credit card req'd at booking/check-in
- Tax included
- $235 solo travel fee; resort fee of $9/person/night and mandatory service charge of $8/person/night not included, applies to all persons 13 and older; mandatory energy surcharge of $10/room/night not included
- $1 booking fee may be charged, not included
- Travel protection available for an additional fee, must be purchased within 24 hours of booking
- Meals and beverages not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Ocean View Room
- One king or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2 (4 in two double bed rooms)
- Maximum occupancy: 3 (4 in two double bed rooms)
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge for children age 17 and younger (airfare not included)
- 400 square feet
- Caribbean-inspired decor
- TV with cable
- Internet access
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: Wi-Fi, in-room coffee/bottled water, lounges/towels poolside, access to the spa and fitness center, daily activities, Junkanoo Band on weekend, hotel parking, non-motorized water sports, $10 Casino Match Play, in-room safe and local phone calls.
- Parking: included.
- Rollaways: available at no extra charge.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- By plane: included round-trip airfare between Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Grand Bahama International Airport (FPO)
- By cab: about $22 from FPO
- Additional gateways are available for an additional fee
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- You can view additional terms and conditions related to this Groupon here.
The Groupon Guide to: Organizing Your Email Inbox
They say an organized inbox is the sign of an organized mind or the mind of a control freak—equally productive. Here's how you can assert power over the hoards of emails dumping into your inbox every moment:
Arrange your emails in order of how many exclamation points they have. Delete the ones with the least.
Delete emails from lawyers or anyone who wants to hold you responsible for your provocative neighborhood graffiti.
Any advertising emails sent to you by a company should be printed out and framed.
Make a folder for emails that would have probably been written as snail mail during gentler times.
If an email has pictures in it, it's either a forward about the power of angels over humans or a forward about hidden glass in movie-theater seats. Either way, pass it along to your entire address book without thinking twice.