Top Reasons to Stay at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
- Located in one of the United States’ most-celebrated resort towns, this beachfront hotel has 400 feet of private beach access on East Grand Traverse Bay.
- A renowned food-and-wine destination, Traverse City is home to award-winning wineries, craft breweries, gourmet creameries, and farm-to-table restaurants. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Seashore is just a half-hour drive away.
- Every morning, the hotel serves a complimentary breakfast buffet, and its 24-hour Sweet Shoppe is stocked with meals to go and award-winning Moomers ice cream.
- Family-friendly amenities include an indoor pool and hot tub, a five-hole putting green, an outdoor playground, and a game room.
- Take a relaxing soak in the hotel’s outdoor hot tub, which offers dazzling views of the bay, or warm up by the private beach fire pits.
- The Walloon Lake suite features a kitchenette, two flat-screen TVs, and a private balcony overlooking the bay. The Good Harbor Bay studio offers the same amenities as the Wallon Lake suite with the addition of a gas fireplace, and a two-person jacuzzi spa.
- The hotel’s complimentary shuttle can bring you to the local airport, Turtle Creek Casino, or downtown Traverse City.
Traverse City, Michigan: The Charming Cherry Capital of the World
One of USA Today’s 10 Great Places for Local Wines, Traverse City draws visitors year-round with its fine Riesling wines siphoned from grape gorges in the fertile Old Mission Peninsula. The proclaimed "Cherry Capital of the World,” tucked between the pinky and index finger on the hand-shaped state of Michigan, is bordered by scenic Grand Traverse Bay to the north and the sprawling Traverse City State Forest Area to the east. The town's downtown and waterfront thrive with gourmet restaurants and local landmarks such as State Theater, a recently restored art-house cinema built in 1949; families can drop by for the $0.25 Saturday-morning matinee. A drive north up the peninsula eventually ends at the whitewashed Old Mission Point Lighthouse, a local relic originally constructed in 1870.
About a half-hour drive to the west lies Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, a gorgeous 35-mile stretch of sandy bluffs along Lake Michigan. Sleeping Bear was recently named the Most Beautiful Place in America by Good Morning America for its beaches, idyllic small-town shops in the surrounding neighborhoods, and its massive sand dunes. For an introduction to the national park, take the 7-mile Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive and park at the Lake Michigan Overlook, where you can spend hours admiring the panoramic views or run down the 450-foot sand dune.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
88% of 26 customers recommend
“just get real butter :)”
“Great place with a friendly, welcoming staff.”
“Great time! ”