Hotel at a Glance: Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Cheyenne Mountain Resort stands near a pristine 35-acre lake just south of downtown Colorado Springs. Eight rustic lodges help the AAA Four Diamond–rated property blend into its natural surroundings, and nearby hiking and biking paths make it easy to get out and enjoy Rocky Mountain views and fresh air.
- Tee off on the resort's 18-hole championship golf course, designed by Pete Dye and set along the lake.
- Grab a bite at one of the onsite restaurants. Mountain View Restaurant is known for its upscale buffets, and Pineview Grille serves up more casual lunch and dinner fare.
- Daily breakfast buffet of eggs, cereals, omelets, almond granola, yogurt, fruits, pastries, coffee, tea, and juice is included with this deal.
- Sip a cocktail at the onsite Will Rogers Lounge, where you can also watch sports on the big screen and play pool and Wii games.
- Break a sweat at one of the 18 tennis courts, the outdoor or indoor pool, the fitness center, or the indoor basketball court.
Colorado Springs, Colorado: Cultured College Town Where the Mountains Meet the Plains
Colorado Springs is the second-biggest city in Colorado, but it still has a frontier feel; there are vast plains and towering mountains just east of the city. At more than 14,000 feet, Pikes Peak dominates the landscape. The mountain—once thought to be insurmountable—inspired part of the lyrics to “America the Beautiful.” You can hike the mountainside or take in the surroundings by car along the 19-mile Pikes Peak Highway, which doubles as a racing course for motorcycles and cars during the annual Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
You can easily reach the summit of Pikes Peak via the Cog Railway, a three-hour train ride that makes a steep climb past boulders, streams, and trees that are roughly 2,000 years old. Along the way, keep an eye out for Colorado's state animal, the bighorn sheep; they gather in herds in the mountains.
Though a lot of activity here skews toward the outdoors, Colorado Springs has plenty else going for it, particularly in the artistic realm. Downtown you’ll find the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, home to masterpieces by contemporary American painters that include John Singer Sargent and Georgia O'Keeffe. You can also participate in an art walk through local art galleries on the first Friday of each month.
94% of 173 customers recommend
“Great location & breakfast :)”
“EVERYTHING was wonderful, i.e., restaurant, roomy rooms, beautiful views and Cheyenne, the lobby dog.”
“Good job, the Resort is layed out beautiful.”
Colorado Springs, CO
3225 Broadmoor Valley Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80906