See Tiananmen Square, Tour the Great Wall of China, and Visit Shanghai's Bund District
Included with this tour package:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX, JFK, YVR, YYZ, IAH, ORD, and SFO on Air China
- 3-night stay at 4-star Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian in Beijing
- 1-night stay at 4-star Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou in Suzhou
- 1-night stay at 4.5-star Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort in Hangzhou
- 2-night stay at 4.5-star Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel in Shanghai
- Tours described on the itinerary
We've outlined some trip highlights below. Click here for a full itinerary.
Days 1–4: Beijing
After arriving in Beijing, you’ll meet an English-speaking tour guide and head to the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian for some rest. The second day of the trip is set aside for self-guided exploration of the city, and day 3 covers some of the most popular sights during a full-day tour with stops at Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace, which was built along Kunming Lake in the 18th century. Its imperial grounds are filled with Qing-style pavilions, grand temples, and elaborate gardens.
Your last day in Beijing includes a hike along the Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass, a mountain pass that once played a vital role in China's military defenses. After exploring the wall, the group will head to the Beijing Zoo, home to thousands of exotic animals, including several giant pandas. The evening winds down with a traditional peking-duck dinner.
Days 5–9: Shanghai
An early-morning flight on day 5 takes you to Shanghai, a glittering megametropolis and a testament to China’s staggering growth. Visitors can enjoy the city's nonstop bustle on Shanghai Old Street, which blends attractions, entertainment, and cultural exhibits.
While in the area, you’ll visit the 2,500-year-old city of Suzhou, nicknamed the "Venice of the East” for its labyrinthine canals lined with stone-sculpture gardens. Stop at Suzhou's Lingering Garden, where centuries-old pagodas stand amid tranquil pools bordered by limestone outcroppings. A detour to the city of Hangzhou includes a boat trip on West Lake, a serene waterscape dotted with islands and weeping willows.
After stopping at a traditional teahouse, the group returns to Shanghai for a visit to the famous Bund district. Set along the Huangpu River, the area features futuristic skyscrapers alongside classic examples of baroque and Gothic architecture. The next day, you're free to explore Shanghai at your leisure. Consider paying a visit to the Old Town Bazaar to stock up on souvenirs at the thousands of booths selling everything from pan-fried dumplings to bamboo handicrafts and traditional Chinese garb.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
If customers want to book a flight departing from an airport not listed on the deal please call Intertrips.com at 888-410-4111 for a separate quote.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
If you want to extend the trip please call Intertrips.com at 888-410-4111 for a separate quote.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
For each travel date, we will have a certain amount of tickets. If it's sold out, Groupon will show "sold out" for the specific date.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If we cannot operate the tour, we will notify Groupon and issue you a full refund.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Children 12 and older require a Groupon. For younger children please inquire directly at booking to learn of kid's pricing.