Top Reasons to Visit Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
- The hotel is right along the beach in Nags Head, just a short drive from the quaint shops in downtown Manteo on Roanoke Island.
- It’s not uncommon to see dolphins in the blue-green waters and wild birds nesting on the seashore in the springtime.
- From the hotel’s upper floors, guests can either watch the sun rise over the Atlantic or see it settle over Roanoke Sound.
- There’s plenty of things to do in Nags Head—play a round at Nags Head Golf Links, fish for speckled trout in Roanoke Sound, or visit the five lighthouses along the Outer Banks. There are also several restaurants, cocktail lounges, and an outlet mall nearby.
- A complimentary hot breakfast includes eggs, breakfast meats, yogurt, fresh fruit, and cereal. It’s served in a sunny dining room with windows that look out onto the beach.
North Carolina's Outer Banks: Sand Dunes and Wright Brothers Flight History
Located on North Carolina’s Outer Banks, Nags Head is about a 15-minute drive south of the Wright Brothers National Memorial Park, where a 60-foot granite obelisk topped by a shining marine beacon commemorates the first flight. The memorial also includes wind-tunnel reproductions, replicas of the brothers' early gliders, memorabilia, and the pinch of Tinker Bell's pixie dust that made the flight possible.
A couple miles south of the hotel, you can find some of the East Coast’s tallest natural sand dunes at Jockey’s Ridge State Park. The mounds of constantly shifting sand would fill six million dump-truck beds. Combative winds from the northeast and southwest keep the dunes from blowing away.
Farther south, Cape Hatteras National Seashore has earned the nickname “Graveyard of the Atlantic” for the many ships that have wrecked here during storms on its dangerous shoals. There's abundant wildlife here, including nesting sea turtles, and the surfing is considered some of the best on the East Coast.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
82% of 87 customers recommend
“Great stay, awesome customer service, delicious hot breakfast”
“THEY WERE STILL UNDER GOING RENOVATIONS BUT THEY WERE GREAT”
“HAVING THE ADJOINING ROOM WAS AN ADDED BONUS! MY OUT OF TOWN FRIENDS LOVED STAYING THERE. IT WAS THEIR FIRST TIME ON THE OBX...... THEY NORMALLY GO TO MYRTLE...”
“HAVING THE ADJOINING ROOM WAS AN ADDED BONUS! MY OUT OF TOWN FRIENDS LOVED STAYING THERE. IT WAS THEIR FIRST TIME ON THE OBX...... THEY NORMALLY GO TO MYRTLE BEACH, SO THIS WAS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY FOR THEIR FIRST VISIT ON THE OBX.”