Top Reasons to Visit Comfort Suites
- The hotel is just a few minutes’ drive from historic downtown Beaufort and the Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park, where you can fish, boat, and picnic along the Beaufort River.
- The popular resort town of Hilton Head Island is located a half hour south of the hotel. Head here to golf, shop, or catch a performance by the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra.
- Each morning, you can enjoy a free continental breakfast with eggs, fresh fruits, and make-your-own waffles in multiple flavors. You can grab breakfast to go up to two hours before the spread is set out.
- The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub as well as a fitness room.
- All guest rooms are equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, and coffeemakers. Some contain whirlpool bathtubs.
Beaufort, South Carolina: Historic Seaport Flush with Coastal Beauty
Beaufort, a historic low-country seaport, is so charming that films such as Forrest Gump and The Prince of Tides shot scenes here. The quaint downtown area encompasses a smattering of boutiques, restaurants, and galleries all within walking distance of the inn. Seventeen miles north, at the end of a long country road, lie the crumbling, tabby-colored ruins of the prerevolutionary Old Sheldon Church. Built in the late 1740s, the church was torched by the British army in 1779, rebuilt in 1826, and torched again by Sherman's troops during his march to the sea in 1865. Today, visitors rest in the shadow of oaks draped in spanish moss and pause to reflect in front of the graves.
Hunting Island State Park, a semibarrier island, runs parallel to the Atlantic Ocean, with a 5-mile stretch of beach and thousands of acres of marsh and tidal creeks abounding with wildlife. At the top of the park's 133-foot black-and-white lighthouse, visitors look out on panoramic views of the ocean and aerial views of sea-turtle flash mobs.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Very nice hotel, everyone was very nice. Our room was very clean and very comfortable.Jeannette, Expedia, 7/31/11
Staff was very friendly.outtatime08, TripAdvisor, 12/17/12
90% of 10 customers recommend
“Very pleasant stay for family weekend getaway . Convenient to Charleston, Savannah and Hilton Head. Would stay there again for sure :) Clean comfy and secure!”
“Breakfast could be improved - better selection of cereals, including oatmeal, nonfat milk too.”
131 Big John Rd; Hwy 170 & New Hanover Park
Beaufort, South Carolina 29906-7347Get Directions