Hotel at a Glance: Comfort Suites Elgin
Roughly 40 miles west of downtown Chicago, Elgin is a quiet suburb situated along the Fox River. Comfort Suites Elgin is located just off I-90, offering travelers convenient access to some of Chicagoland’s most-popular attractions, including Woodfield Mall, Medieval Times, and the city itself. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the casino and other area attractions. The hotel’s suites are equipped with flatscreen TVs, a microwave, a refrigerator, and coffeemaker; the king Jacuzzi suite also comes with a jetted tub. Choose Option 2 to get wine and chocolate popcorn. Option 3 includes $50 dining credit to Jimmy’s Charhouse.
- Complimentary breakfast: Includes eggs, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereals, bacon, and sausage
- Get fit: At the on-site fitness facility or nearby Lifetime Fitness Center—the hotel provides complimentary passes
- Signature dish: Jimmy’s Charhouse is known for its charbroiled steaks and fresh fish.
- Grab a bite: There are 11 restaurants and two bars within walking distance of the hotel
- Distance to Grand Victoria Casino: about 6 miles
Elgin, Illinois: Suburban Chicago River Town with Casino and Shopping
About 40 miles west of Chicago, Elgin is one of several suburban towns along the Fox River. You can wander the boutiques or grab a bite to eat in one of the restaurants that line the riverfront in downtown Elgin.
Also centrally located on the river is the Grand Victoria Casino, a highlight of Elgin’s nightlife. The riverboat casino has more than 1,000 slot machines as well as baccarat, craps, blackjack, live poker, and other table games.
There are several shopping centers nearby, including the Huntley Outlet Center and the Algonquin Commons, home to Pottery Barn, The Gap, and DSW. One of the largest shopping malls in the country, Woodfield Mall, is a quick jaunt away east on I-90.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.