Stay at Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City Oceanfront in Ocean City, MD
Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City Oceanfront - Ocean City, MD
Oceanfront Hotel Located Steps from Vintage Boardwalk
Ocean City’s boardwalk dates back to 1902, when owners of the area’s oceanfront hotels got the idea of laying out a wooden walkway to connect their properties and provide a place for pleasant strolls along the beach. At high tide, they’d have to roll it up and store it on porches to keep it from being swept away. A permanent promenade was built a few years later, and was slowly but surely extended over the next century to become one of the country’s great coastal boardwalks. Arcades, shops, and mini-golf courses line the 3-mile strip. On the southern end, the Ocean City pier—named one of the Top 10 Piers by Coastal Living—has a roller coaster and a large Ferris wheel. This section is also home to one of the oldest continuously operating carousels in the country.
Located directly on the boardwalk and just a short tram ride from the pier, Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City Oceanfront makes a good home base for exploring the area. You can dine onsite at the Captain’s Table Restaurant, which serves American fare showcasing daily catches from local fishing boats. Food and drink service from the restaurant is also available on the pool deck, which features retractable glass walls, a pool, and a jacuzzi tub. A boardwalk patio makes a nice spot for enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning.
Ocean City, Maryland: Quiet Marshes and Bustling Boardwalk next to Atlantic
Located on Maryland’s eastern shore, Ocean City draws crowds to its 2.5-mile wooden boardwalk, named one of the "10 great places to have some fun on a boardwalk" by USA Today. Here, candy shops craft creamy fudge and molasses taffy while local fisheries bring in fresh scallops, lobster, and crab. Kids can ride the Ferris wheel and play the antique clown-head water-balloon race game at Trimper's Amusement Park, which has brightened the coastline for more than 100 years. Escape the crowds at Assateague Island National Seashore, a 37-mile stretch of salt marshes running from Ocean City down to Virginia. Seaside forests along the way create a scenic setting for bird watching and hiking.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Indoor pool
- Fitness center
- Complimentary parking
- Free WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- 10.5% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Two Queen Ocean View
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request; call the hotel to arrange
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 30 miles from Salisbury-Ocean City Wicomico Regional Airport (SBY); 96 miles from Atlantic City International Airport (ACY)
- By car: about 100 miles southwest of Atlantic City, New Jersey
The Groupon Guide to: Boat Clubs
Millions of people own a boat, but—surprisingly—only a few of them get together once a week to talk boat. If you own a boat and haven't joined a boat club, check out some of the topics typically covered in a boat-club meeting so you can see what you're missing:
- What's your boat's name?
- What would your boat's name be if your boat could have named itself?
- What are your favorite boat memories that you haven't made yet?
- Share the first word that comes to your mind when thinking about your boat. Choose either "boat-like" or "boaty."
- In a perfect world, how many boats would you like each of your children to own? (This is a trick question. The correct answer is: in a perfect world, my boat is my only child.)
- On your tax returns, what do you list as you occupation? Boat owner? Boatman? Professional boatist? Something else that has "boat" in it?
- Is your boat here right now? Can you point it out?