DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Downtown Chicago
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile - Chicago, IL
Upscale DoubleTree Hotel Near the Magnificent Mile
In November, Chicago’s Magnificent Mile turns into a holiday wonderland practically overnight: Strings of twinkling lights appear on practically every twig and branch of the trees along the popular downtown shopping district. Crowds flock to Daley Plaza to buy ornaments, hot spiced wine, and bratwurst at Christkindlmarket, a German-inspired Christmas market open every day. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile is located blocks away from all the colorful holiday decorations in downtown Chicago, as well as Navy Pier and all of the area’s other upscale shops and restaurants.
When you check in, you’ll receive a warm chocolate chip cookie as a welcome snack. You can see the lights of downtown Chicago from the spacious two-queen bedroom, which features ruby-colored linens and dark leather-upholstered chairs.
The onsite Markethouse restaurant has a seasonally changing menu of meals made using local and regional ingredients, as well as an extensive wine and beer list. Additionally, there’s an Einstein Bagels if you want to grab a quick breakfast before hitting up the shops on the Magnificent Mile.
Chicago's Magnificent Mile: Upscale Boutiques and Historical Architecture
On Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, landmark skyscrapers such as the John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building tower over the city's liveliest retail corridor. In total, the stretch of high-end real estate houses some 460 stores, ranging from exclusive designers such as Armani and Chanel to beloved brands including Apple, American Girl, and Gap. Double-decker buses and horse-drawn carriages circle the Chicago Water Tower, a limestone icon that survived the Great Chicago Fire, and droves of shoppers navigate eight levels of boutiques and cafés at the nearby Water Tower Place.
Lake Shore Drive runs two blocks east of Michigan Avenue. Travel + Leisure called this stretch “the greatest architecture road on earth” thanks to the superstar skyscrapers lined up along the lakefront. Looming above them all, of course, is the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower)—the tallest building in North America. Runners, cyclists, and runaway lawn mowers travel the adjoining Lakefront Trail throughout the year. A mile and a half north, crowds gather at North Avenue Beach during the summer to people-watch, play volleyball, and listen to live music at beachfront bars.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Two blocks from Magnificent Mile
- In-house restaurant
- Einstein Bagels onsite
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Must be 21 or older to check in
- 16.4% tax not included, due at purchase
- Guests must notify hotel after reservation to book additional occupants
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: self-parking available for $45 per day.
- Rollaways: not available.
- Smoking policy: smoking permitted only in designated areas.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed on the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- By plane: about 18 miles from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and 15 miles from Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)
- By transit: about 5 blocks east of Grand Red Line Stop
- By cab: about $35 from ORD and MDW
The Groupon Guide to: Dog-Show Breed Standards
With billions of viewers and ad revenue through the roof, it’s no secret that everybody loves watching dog shows. But what do they judge these pedigreed pooches on? Hint: the things in this guide:
1. Is the Dog Crying? A sad dog is never a winning dog. An exemplar of the breed should be happy and boisterous, not a gross crying mess. Plus, the only dogs even capable of crying are genetic aberrations.
2. Has the Dog Eaten a Judge’s Finger During the Process? Only one dog (a mastiff named Grandmaster Waddlesplint) has ever won after consuming a judge’s finger. (It was only a pinky.)
3. General Dogliness: Is this really a dog? Not a pile of ants or a popular wooden toy? How much of a dog is the dog? Like, way dog or just some dog? This is generally the most important.
4. Telepathy Test: No dog has ever passed this test, but judges are holding out hope.
5. Pick Your Favorite: None of this matters. The judges just pick their favorite dog.