Three-City Australia Vacation
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX, NYC, or ORD
- One-way airfare from Melbourne to Sydney and Sydney to Gold Coast
- Four nights at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens
- Four nights at a hotel in Potts Point, Sydney
- Three nights at the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
- Daily breakfast
- WiFi is included at both Melbourne and Sydney hotels
- Sightseeing tour in Melbourne
- Surfing lesson at Bondi Beach
- Nocturnal 4WD Rainforest and Glow Worm Tour on the Gold Coast
- Roundtrip airport transfers in Australia
We've put together some trip highlights and suggestions below. For the full itinerary, click here.
Days 1–2: En route to Melbourne
Days 3–6: Melbourne
Melbourne has an artistic side to it—you'll see it in the city's museums and galleries, unique architectural features such as Federation Square, and in the public art displays. The Yarra River Gallery, a 10-minute walk from your hotel, has outdoor sculptures and other art installations.
You'll take a guided city tour; spend the rest of the time exploring Melbourne at your own pace.
- Go shopping for seasonal produce, Australian wines, and artisan crafts at Queen Victoria Market.
- Visit the Melbourne Cricket Ground for a tour of the facilities and the National Sports Museum.
Days 7–10: Sydney
Flight time from Melbourne: 1.5 hours
Downtown Sydney sits right along Sydney Harbour. It's worth it to take a stroll along the harbor's bays and inlets; many of the city's top attractions sit right on the water, including the Sydney Opera House. You can walk here from your Potts Point hotel, through the Royal Botanic Gardens.
While in Sydney, you will visit Bondi Beach, which often ranks among the world's most beautiful. You'll enjoy a surfing lesson here, then it's up to you what you want to do with the rest of your stay.
- Take to the seas on a ferry or harbor cruise and you'll get nice views of the city skyline.
- If you buy a two- or three-day Sydney Sightseeing Pass you can get free entrance to more than 40 attractions and unlimited rides on the city's trains, buses, ferries, and light rail.
Days 11–13: Gold Coast
Flight time from Sydney: 1.5 hours
Situated on the eastern shores of Australia, the Gold Coast is popular for its golden beaches and energetic nightlife. Your hotel in the Surfer's Paradise neighborhood puts you within easy walking distance of the beach, as well as nearby restaurants and bars.
One evening during your say, you'll have the opportunity to experience a Nocturnal 4WD Rainforest and Glow Worm Tour.
- Stroll through the Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens
- You can watch dolphins and seals perform at SeaWorld, about three miles north of your hotel on the city's main beach.
Day 14: En route to Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York City
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please call Down Under Answers on 1-866-908-1242 to discuss arranging flights from other US cities.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Please call Down Under Answers on 1-866-908-1242 to discuss extending your Australian vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Please call Down Under Answers on 1-866-908 1242 to check availability of travel dates for this vacation.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If Down Under Answers is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Please call Down Under Answers on 1-866-908-1242 to discuss the costs of bringing your children on this vacation.