11-Day Australia Trip with Airfare - Sydney and Cairns
11-Day Australia Vacation with Airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), Breakfasts, Transfers, and Hotel Stays. Other departure cities available.
See the Sydney Opera House and Cairns on Australian Vacation
Your 11-day Australia vacation can begin in either Cairns or Sydney, and you’ll spend four nights in each city. Since there’s no set itinerary, you’re free to explore each destination at your leisure.
This deal includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) via Virgin Australia. Travelers can arrange to leave from other departure cities for an additional fee at the time of booking. Click here for more trip info.
Fodor’s ranks Sydney as “among the most beautiful cities on the planet.” Located on Australia’s southeast coast along the Tasman Sea, it’s the most populous city on the continent and a big draw for tourists.
In Sydney, you’ll spend four days at the luxurious Mercure Sydney Potts Point, a 4-star hotel close to some of Sydney’s best-loved sights. You’re also less than 2 miles from two landmarks—the Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. The first thing most people notice about the Opera House is its white, sail-like towers that seem to float at the edge of Sydney Harbour. The UNESCO World Heritage Site hosts concerts and tours. The historic Rocks area is home to several shops, bars, cafes, and events.
Just northeast of the hotel, the 74-acre Royal Botanic Gardens are located along Sydney Harbour, with nearly 70,000 types of exotic plants from Australia and elsewhere. Here you’ll see tropical begonias, old-growth palms, and desert succulents and views of Sydney Harbour towards the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Cairns overlooks the Coral Sea on the continent’s northeast coast. If Sydney is the heart of east Australia’s culture, Cairns is its wild side, drawing vacationers looking to spot wild kangaroo or wallabies, hike the rainforest, or dive to the Great Barrier Reef. In Cairns, you’ll set up shop at the Mercure Harbourside Cairns, a 4-star hotel right on the glittering Cairns Esplanade.
Get a bird’s-eye view of the rainforest from a cable car suspended above the treetops with the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Some tours stop off at the rushing Barron Falls en route to the village of Kuranda. Tucked amid dense rainforest flora, this village gives travelers the chance to pick up handmade souvenirs or watch as locals perform Aboriginal dreamtime dances.
The Great Barrier Reef is an absolute can’t-miss while in Cairns. Made up of thousands of smaller reefs and islands, it is the world’s largest reef system. Travel + Leisure calls it “mind-blowingly beautiful.” A thousand types of tropical fish and hundreds of species of colorful coral make scuba diving here a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
What You Get
11-day, 8-night Australia trip with round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), hotel stays, breakfasts and transfers. Travel with a friend (two Groupons required) or pay single supplement fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
- Option 1: $2,399 per person, valid for departure 2/15/13–3/21/13 (up to a $3,625 value)
- Option 2: $2,399 per person, valid for departure 4/10/13–6/8/13 (up to a $3,625 value)
- Option 3: $2,599 per person, valid for departure 6/9/13–6/14 or 7/4-8/31/13 (up to a $3,870 value)
Book by: 2/7/13
Single supplement fee: $499
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) via Virgin Australia
- Four-night stay at 4-star Mercure Harbourside Cairns with daily breakfast
- Four-night stay at 4-star Mercure Sydney Potts Point with daily breakfast
- Airport transfers in Cairns and Sydney
- Internet access at both hotels
- Airline and hotel taxes
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 2/7/13 or promotional value expires
- Not valid 2/24/13
- Limit 2/person, +2/as gifts Limit 1/visit
- Resv req'd, subt to avail
- Redemption occurs upon resv; canceling once booked will result in a fee up to Groupon price
- Unredeemed vouchers result in gift card for future trip less 20% fee
- Airfare non-refundable once ticketed
- Changes to travel/airfare incur $300 fee + add'l penalties/fees from airline/hotels
- Must be 18+ to check in
- CC req'd at booking/check-in
- $499 fee req'd to travel solo
- Visas & gratuities not included
- Hotels subj to change based on avail.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- By plane: includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) via Virgin Australia
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Valid only for date/option bought
The Groupon Guide to: Having a Secret
Every interesting person has a deep, dark secret that they can only reveal to their therapist or a group of teenagers playing truth or dare. If you're in need of a fascinating secret, try one of these on for size:
"When I was a child, I threw a rock at a parked car. I've never felt so alive."
"I spent 14 years in prison … doing research."
"I'm afraid of dogs. They're almost too beautiful to look at!"
"Once a week I dress up as my father and then I'm the one who can eat as much meat as he wants."
"Sometimes I give a fake name at restaurants just to be funny and because I like tiny, stupid lies."
"I have a second family in Delaware. My husband there is also named Dave. I call him Double Dave."
Other departure cities available for an additional fee, starting from:
- LAS $149
- SFO $149
- PHX $149
- SEA $179
- DFW $179
- JFK $219
- HOU $219
- ORD $219
- PDX $219
- DEN $249
- SLC $249
- BOS $289
- MIA $289
- MSP $289
- ATL $339