Top Reasons to Stay at Forever Bungalows
- Located on 6 wooded acres in the quaint Hamptons town of Sag Harbor, Forever Bungalows offers vacationers a minimalist country escape near Atlantic beaches.
- The rooms were designed with the environment in mind. You’ll find recycled-glass shower tiles, water-conserving toilets, and other eco-friendly touches throughout the property.
- Each guest room is equipped with a refrigerator and a small kitchen. Queen rooms also come with a patio that looks out to the woods.
- Beach passes grant guests access to bay and ocean beaches. The passes are free, but require a $300 refundable deposit.
- You can borrow a bicycle to explore the grounds or pedal to nearby Sag Harbor Bay.
- You can play a round on the Sag Harbor State Golf Course, a public course located next door.
Sag Harbor, New York: Quaint Seaside Town in the Hamptons
About 75 to 100 miles east of Manhattan, on the South Fork of Long Island, lies a string of sophisticated beach towns collectively known as the Hamptons. The area includes the towns of Southampton and East Hampton, plus a series of smaller, picturesque villages and hamlets (not all necessarily ending with "hampton"). During the summertime, the area, which is known for its peaceful beaches and a glamorous social scene, regularly draws a privileged crowd. In cooler months, the population shrinks, and it’s relatively quiet here; spend days beachcombing, shopping for farm-fresh produce, or strolling past the giant mansions that line the seaside.
Sag Harbor, one of the northernmost towns in the Hamptons, is quaint and unpretentious. Founded in 1707, Sag Harbor has long been an important American transportation hub; in 1789, President George Washington approved it as the official port of entry to the U.S. Over the next century, it became known as the whaling port of the northeast. You can learn more about the village’s history at the Sag Harbor Whaling and Historical Museum. After a museum visit, take a stroll down Main Street to grab a bite to eat or shop for gifts and apparel.
Because they’re clustered together, it’s easy to visit other towns in the Hamptons during your stay. Westhampton Beach is known for its busy Main Street, populated by boutiques, cafes, and Zagat-rated restaurants, and Frommer’s calls the village’s beaches “some of the best on Long Island.” In neighboring Eastport, antique stores abound, and in Southampton, you’ll find several historic estates and chic shops. Trendy East Hampton is home to top-tier restaurants and celebrity mansions, including those of Jerry Seinfeld and Billy Joel.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
97% of 30 customers recommend
“Keep up the good work forever bungalows”
“girls were great!”
“Very clean, modern bathroom and room. Safe and quiet. Best location. Service was excellent.”
Sag Harbor, NY
765 Rt 114
Sag Harbor, NY 11963