Tokyo City Vacation with Airfare - Japan
Seven-Day, Five-Night Tokyo Vacation with Nonstop Airfare, 4-Star Hotel, Daily Breakfast, and Guided City Tour
Tokyo, Japan: Historical City with a Modern Skyline
Tokyo is home to an almost endless array of neon boulevards lined with ultramodern buildings, shopping centers, and restaurants. But there’s a historic side to the city as well: a number of museums, temples, and centuries-old gardens can be found within its glittering skyline. On this seven-day, five-night Tokyo vacation from Friendly Planet Travel, you’ll see both sides of the city on guided, self-guided, and optional excursions. The trip includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles, a guided tour of Tokyo, a five-night stay at the 4-star Keio Plaza Hotel, airport transfers in Tokyo, and daily breakfast.
For the full itinerary and more details about optional excursions, click here.
Tokyo City Tour
On your first full day in Tokyo, you’ll take a guided city tour that visits some of Tokyo’s most famous sites, including Meiji Shrine and Tokyo Tower, a red-and-white tower that’s modeled after the Eiffel Tower. Next is the Imperial Palace, where the Emperor of Japan currently resides. Visitors are not allowed inside, but you can still wander through the gardens and see the remains of the 15th-century Edo Castle, once home to samurai warriors. Your tour concludes in Ginza, a popular shopping and entertainment district, where you’ll have plenty of time to browse boutiques and grab dinner before making your own way back to the hotel.
The next three days are yours to explore Tokyo at your leisure. The Keio Plaza Hotel is just a few minutes’ walk from the Shinjuku train station, an easier way to get around the city than hiring a sumo wrestler to carry you on piggyback. You can also sign up for optional excursions (extra fees) on days 4, 5, and 6 to learn more about Tokyo and its surrounding areas. All excursions begin and end at your hotel.
Day 4: Take a guided walking tour of Tokyo’s modern Shinjuku neighborhood, a business district home to many skyscrapers. On this excursion, you’ll stop at a stylish shopping center, a Japanese comic-book store, and a karaoke bar.
Day 5: On a full-day tour of Mount Fuji and Hakone, the group drives part of the way up Japan’s iconic volcano to a lookout station with stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Hakone is your next stop—a town famous for its natural hot springs. Break for a quick lunch (provided) before taking a scenic sky gondola ride and a cruise on Lake Ashi, with Mount Fuji looming in the background.
Day 6: Today, you can learn more about Japanese history on a tour that visits Hama-Rikyu Garden, a traditional garden from the Edo period, with a boat ride from Hinode Pier to Asakusa and a stop at Asakusa Kannon Temple, which honors the Buddhist deity of mercy and compassion. The group will also stop at a local craft market to pick up souvenirs.
What You Get
Seven-day, five-night Tokyo vacation with round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) on Singapore Airlines. Valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay a solo supplement fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
- Option 1: $1,599, depart 3/5/13 (a $1,999 value)
- Option 2: $1,599, depart 3/12/13 (a $1,999 value)
- Option 3: $1,599, depart 4/2/13 (a $1,999 value)
- Option 4: $1,599, depart 4/16/13 (a $1,999 value)
- Option 5: $1,759, depart 5/28/13 (a $2,159 value)
- Option 6: $1,899, depart 6/11/13 (a $2,299 value)
- Option 7: $1,899, depart 7/23/13 (a $2,299 value)
- Option 8: $1,799, depart 8/6/13 (a $2,199 value)
- Option 9: $1,799, depart 8/20/13 (a $2,199 value)
- Option 10: $1,699, depart 9/3/13 (a $2,099 value)
- Option 11: $1,699, depart 9/24/13 (a $2,099 value)
Book by: 12/4/12
Solo Traveler Fee: $399
Included in all options:
- Round-trip nonstop airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) on Singapore Airlines
- Five nights at 4-star Keio Plaza Hotel
- Daily breakfast buffet
- Guided tour of Tokyo
- Airport transfers in Tokyo
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 12/4/12 or promo value expires
- Depart 3/5/13, 3/12/13, 4/2/13, 4/16/13, 5/28/13, 6/11/13, 7/23/13, 8/6/13, 8/20/13, 9/3/13, or 9/24/13, depending on option bought
- Limit 5/person, 5/gifts
- Reservation required; subject to availability
- Cancel in writing
- All cancels more than 75 days incur fee of $300 per person; 74-45 days $600; 44-30 days $1,000; 29-10 days $1,500; 9 days or fee up to Groupon price
- Redemption occurs at booking; no refunds processed by Groupon after redemption
- Must be 18+ to book
- CC req'd at booking
- $399 fee to travel solo
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One queen bed or two twin beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: one additional guest may be added with the purchase of a third Groupon.
- Check in: 2 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Smoking policy: smoking rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) on Singapore Airlines
- By transit: includes airport transfers in Tokyo
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Friendly Planet Travel will happily assist travelers in scheduling independent extended travel at the end of the tour.
- Triple rooms are available at no additional cost, but are subject to availability.
- Children age 5 and younger will receive a $400 price reduction if sharing a bed with a parent; if interested, purchase directly through Friendly Planet Travel.
The Groupon Guide to: Hotel Amenities
Most people choose a hotel based on what amenities it offers and how many of its TV channels show a live feed of the local city council. Here are some of the amenities that you might be lucky enough to experience on your next trip:
- Pool full of people who can swim but not as well as you
- Room service delivered directly to the hotel restaurant
- Dogs that will keep your sheets warm when you're not using the bed and special electric jackets that will keep the dogs warm
- Spa where they at least brush your teeth for you instead of just squishing your muscles
- Unlimited wigs, so you can really feel like you're escaping
- Rooms where families can go to yell at each other
- An in-room safe for keeping items so valuable you would never trust yourself to touch them
- Free wireless Internet that only goes to the hotel's email provider, Hotelwhispers.net